Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-27-2000, 12:07 AM   #1
Clarissa

Hi!

Anyone can help? How does one go about killing this demi-lich eh? i tried and tried but all my chars keep getting imprisoned....Help!

oh btw....how do u get rid of the gaseous form that the effreti becomes? he keeps disappearing and attacking me ;(

helphelp!
heheh thanx

Old 10-27-2000, 12:55 AM   #2
Tommyboy

To tell you the truth, once you find out how to do it, he is quite possibly the easiest leader in the game.

First of all, you can take out kangaxx the lich just like all of the other liches. Kangaxx the Demilich is a little trickier.

Demilich:

*Cannot be hurt by any weapons less than +5
*Basically immune to Magic
*Casts imprisonment on all of your
characters.

First of all, go to the adventureres mart and buy the two Protection from Magic scrolls and the 2 Protection from Undead scrolls. Cast those on your characters for protection from the imprisonment. Then, at this point in the game, i believe the only sword that is going to hurt him is the Carsomyr Holy Avenger +5 that Keldorn can use. You get it in the Windspear Hills after you kill a nice little beastie there. You will know when you get there. Kill it, finish this quick quest, get the sword, get Keldorn, cast pro magic on him, then send him at the lich solo. He will make short work of the lich. None of your characters will even get hurt.

p.s. Keldorn is located in the VERY BACK of the Order of the Radiant Heart building. That was probably going to be your next question. Oh, and just so you know, Keldorn with this sword will actually make the game about 50% easier. Buff him up with AC lowering items and he will be your main tank the whole game. Hope this helps

pps. OH yeah, forgot to mention something else. Did you do the Valygar/Planar Sphere quest. You get a ring from that quest that can also be used to kill Kangaxx. It's called the Ring of the Ram. It does something like 5-30 damage in one shot. I heard this works well on him, but it is the only type of magic that works.

Old 10-27-2000, 02:25 PM   #3
Glorick the Half-Orc

That is not correct.

To kill the demi-lich, you only need 2 things: +4 weapon (or +4 vs undead) and one protection from undead scroll.

Keep the other party members out of the LOS of the Demi-Lich and have one char with the +4 weapon get the prot from undead. The demi-lich will take the pounding (2 hps damager per shot) and just float there until it dies.

I used the +1 Flame Tongue, +4 vs Undead. I did it in chapter 3, long b4 I could have EVER gotten the Holy Avenger. Minsc did it solo at lvl 11.

Old 10-27-2000, 07:20 PM   #4
Tommyboy

*sigh* Please do not reply to posts telling other people they are wrong when you don't know what you are talking about. I had the Daystar which is the best weapon you can get at this point against undead creatures. But, it is not a standard +5 weapon, which are the only weapons that will hurt the demilich. If you read other posts you will find out that certain weapons will do damage to him because of magical elemental modifiers. For some reason the elemental damage (for instance, +2 fire damage, or +1 cold damage) will hurt the lich very slowly, but effectively. That is the ONLY reason your sword did damage to him. That is also the why you only did 2 damage per hit.

Anyway, Clarissa, if you want my advice, you need to get the Carsomyr anyway. In fact, i encountered the demilich before i got the sword, and it forced me to leave him there while i go finish the Windspear Quest to get the sword. It's a fairly easy quest. Like i said, Keldorn with that sword is a HUGE addition to your party. You can try using a sword that has an elemental damage on it, but i don't recommend it. Oh, and bashing weapons that have elemental damage do not seem to work either. For instance, the Flail of the Ages.

Anyway, don't mean to sound rude Glorick, but i thought i would just lend a friendly correcting hand.

Hope this helps

Old 10-27-2000, 10:36 PM   #5
Glorick the Half-Orc

Yeah, but telling someone to go get a sword from a monster tougher than the lich is kinda, well, making it even harder. Someone else posted that they hit it with the mace of disruption, I guess they made it up. Like I said, I used the flame-tongue - and if it was just the elemental damage, than you can use the +1 flame sword for sale at the adventuremart, I assume. I'll try that out to see... Grab that and 1 scroll from the spell vendor, and you have an easy win. After all, the demi-lich can't move, so he can't chase your chars out of LOS away. I beat him with a low level party and didn't "aquire" that other sword for a long time after.

Old 10-27-2000, 11:26 PM   #6
Glorick the Half-Orc

I just tried the flail of the ages and no matter how many hits and critical hits I got, it always says "Weapon has no effect". It is a +3 flail with +1 fire, +1 cold, and +1 electrical. By your token it should be doing "elemental" damage... I also tried the +3 frost axe, same results, no damage. I did try a +4 sword which also didn't work, so you are correct with that. It seems it is +5 weapons or the flame tongue.

I got to have a bit of fun with ths skull while I had the prot. from undead working - he sat there while I tried every spell my cleric had, nothing worked.