Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2001, 11:53 PM   #21
Moni

Back to the top for new forum members who may want to read/contribute!

My Ninja is an assassin! YAY!
My Wizard is a Warlock! YAY!
I dumped the monk quest...seemed useless for a priest with the same spells & all.
Now to figure out who is to be a Zenmaster!
Old 01-15-2001, 10:12 AM   #22
skywalker
Banned User

My group has been very busy:

Chan (Male Whiskah) Warrior/Barbarian/Ranger/Paladin/Samurai
Lady Shiva (Female Human) Warrior/Barbarian/Ranger/Paladin(Valkyrie Next)
Kali Deth (Female Gnome) Rogue/Barbarian/Ninja/Assassin
Kyra Mayce (Female Pixie) Priest/Ranger/Paladin(Zenmaster Next)
Chaugnar Faugn (Male Oomphaz) Wizard/Paladin/Ranger/Monk
Sara Lovecraft (Female Elf) Wizard/Bard/Ranger/Warlock

Chan is from Jackie Chan.

Shiva from the Hindu god of destruction and rebirth, I know it's a male name, but I use it for female characters anyway.

Kali is from a Hindu goddess, most know as shown in "The Golden Voyage Of Sinbad" (The statue with 6 arms).

Kyra Mayce, I just made up because Priest's use maces (Very original, huh?).

Chaugnar Faugn is the name of a hyperdimensional creature slightly resembling an elephant-headed human. It is said he immoble in a cavern within the Plateu of Tsang. It is prophesied that one day the "White Alcolyte" would come from the west and bear Chaugnar away to a new land. In this land the elephant god will feed until he devours the entire universe. That is were the name comes from. (Frank Belnap Long, from his story "The Horror From The Hills")

Lovecraft is from my favorite horror author.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 01:06 PM   #23
Moni

Back to the top!!
Old 01-18-2001, 06:43 PM   #24
Strider
Welcomed New User

What I got now, I orginally had a pixie, elf and ratling but they could hardly carry their own equipment much less anything else so started over.

Whiskah Male Warrior/Barbarian
Human Female Warrior/Barbarian (took the Maven oath)
Gourk Male Warrior/Barbarian
Gnome Male Rogue
Omphaaz Male Wizard
Omphaaz Female Priest

Wanted the two Omphaaz for pack mules and seeing them as a Samuri or Valkyrie all decked out in armor (think of a tank) and swords a mesmerizing whirl of death wasn't a pretty sight. So they wear their tents uhh mean robes and cast spells instead.

§
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 07:15 PM   #25
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Currently:

Human female - warlock, Jazelind
Whiskah male - paladin, Barok
Human male - paladin (vampire), Nick
Ratling male - priest, Skar
Lizzord female - Ninja, Asha
Human female - Ninja, Mara Jade

Jazelind is the name of a sorceress in a short story I wrote years ago when I was bored. It's also my default sorceress name for RPGs. Barok is an NPC mage in Might and Magic. Nick, well, he looked a bit like Nick Knight (from Forever Knight). After he got turned into a vampire, I just had to make him a paladin for the incongruity of it. Besides, the original Nick Knight was a crusader, which is the closest to a paladin in real life. Skar and Asha were the only names I could think of at the top of my head. Mara Jade is from Star Wars. She doesn't have the right hair color, but I liked the name.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 07:15 PM   #26
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Currently:

Human female - warlock, Jazelind
Whiskah male - paladin, Barok
Human male - paladin (vampire), Nick
Ratling male - priest, Skar
Lizzord female - Ninja, Asha
Human female - Ninja, Mara Jade

Jazelind is the name of a sorceress in a short story I wrote years ago when I was bored. It's also my default sorceress name for RPGs. Barok is an NPC mage in Might and Magic. Nick, well, he looked a bit like Nick Knight (from Forever Knight). After he got turned into a vampire, I just had to make him a paladin for the incongruity of it. Besides, the original Nick Knight was a crusader, which is the closest to a paladin in real life. Skar and Asha were the only names I could think of at the top of my head. Mara Jade is from Star Wars. She doesn't have the right hair color, but I liked the name.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 06:55 PM   #27
Lirath
Welcomed New User

Valeria human female, is still just a warrior, as the Paladin quest hasn't been available to her so far. (Just got thru the Oracles last night and quit before arriving in Ishad N'ha). She hopes to become a Valkyrie one day, and wears the Mavin signet ring. She's the leader since she's the only one that can make a decision and not be argued with.

Panzer Velcron whiskas male, warrior, on the quest to become a ranger. Fancies himself a step above the other 'lowly' party members, as cats are prone to do, and thus tends to argue with them about anything they say, except Valeria, and that's only because she managed to grab the ring first.

Yojimbo human male warrior, questing to become a samurai, just like his hero, Toshiro M'fune played in all those movies! Models himself after the man with no name character as much as possible. So, he's mainly out to survive, and with the evil unleashed, fighting it makes more sense than hiding from it.

Fromunda ratling rogue, no quests, no ambition. Of course, there's no way for him to quest until we get to Ishad N'ha! So he's hiding his secret ambition to become a ninja, as Yojimbo would probably smack him. He'll have to sneak off while Yojimbo is in the Inn to get that quest.

Rowena elven female, wizard she'll one day become a warlock, really! If only the rest of the party would stop spending all the money before they get to the magic shop!! She has nothing left to shop with! And those scrolls would sure help you greedy fools live to get more stuff!

Mahatma oomphaz male, priest his slowness extends to his decisions about what to do next. He's considering monk just to muck with the rest of the party's minds. And Zenmaster would really get them! Hmm.... But he's handy at bashing things with that mace of his. And his ID skill may save enough money to let Rowena go shopping!
Lirath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 05:27 PM   #28
Dwarf

Valeria- oh dear, who read "Red Nails" then (one of the original Conan stories and not a bad read, haven't seen a copy in years).On the tribute band front I did get bored and name one of my secondary parties "The Slice Girls" (no prizes for geussing the inspiration for that one but I was REALY BORED when I did it, along without a couple of other personal jokes but none worth repeating here).
Old 01-21-2001, 12:07 AM   #29
warlock7

My party is as follows..
Zenmaster
Valkyrie
assassin
Samurai
Ranger
Worlock
Old 01-21-2001, 12:19 AM   #30
Moni

Dwarf,
You want to knock on some names, I'll actually admit the things I called my party members!
It was a day of EXTREME boredom & lack of imagination had set in (from too much pot roast no doubt) and when I sat down to create characters I did not want to repeat myself and name them after my cats like I did when replaying the older Wizardry games last spring SO...here goes, (& feel free to laugh!)...Dude, Dude!, Oh Man!, Geez, Duuude, & finally, Way Dude!
Can you hear them talking to each other? LMAO, I found so much humor in it later that I left the names intact & played through the whole game with them!
: )
Moni