Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2003, 02:35 PM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Without the merchant trait, you get one-half of list price for any unidentified item. Once you identify it, you get full price. "Full price" varies, depending on your... Presence, I think. Radek will correct me if I'm wrong [img]smile.gif[/img]

Of course, identifying something costs you one half of the list price (pre-merchant skill). If you do the math, that means that it's a wash between identifying or not identifying; the money in your pocket is the same at the end.

Ah, grasshopper, but that assumes a one-to-one action. If you identify a stack of powders, then you pay one ID fee and sell all of them for full price. So group all like items together before identifying. All the swords, helms, powders, flasks... the list goes on.

And here's a sneaky trick as well: keep one of each kind of powder, and every time you pick one up after that, it will automatically be identified. Same goes for arrows, knives, crossbow bolts, and any other groupable items. I usually stick the knives and arrows/bolts in the arrow spots on the inventory screen so as not to take up any "real" inventory space. Just divvy them up before you sell them, and you're set
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 04:01 PM   #12
bsftcs
Red Dragon

But if most items are new to you I definitely recommend identifying them before selling them so that you may find out if they have any special functions. Also you should have one of your characters learn ancient lore, so that you can earn more money by identifying the items yourself before selling them.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:14 PM   #13
Radek
Red Dragon

Gain the ID Item (Artifacts) skill at any rate. Two reasons:
1. You will find cursed items frequently. The cursed items look like normal items. Well, you can often say whether you have found a cursed item but it needs a bit of experience.
2. There are several items in the game, which are really valuable and most welcome but which look like ordinary items. Examples: Wizard's Blade, Eye of Heaven, Kimono of the Dragon, Plate of the Realm, Helm of the Realm, Wakizashi +2, Main Gauche +2, etc., etc.
You should have Artifacts 5 in the Valeia region (ankhs need Artifacts 5), Artifacts about 8 in the Ishad N'Ha Region and Artifacts 12 in Brimloch Roon.
Note about the Forge skill. The game follows the rule "ID Item difficulty = Repair Item difficulty". Therefore, keeping your Forge skill at the same skill level as your Artifacts skill, you will be able to repair exactly those items which you can identify.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:19 AM   #14
I-RZ#
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there any way that you can identify items while on quests? It's just annoying identifying everything before you use/equip them .
I-RZ# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:25 AM   #15
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by I-RZ#:
Is there any way that you can identify items while on quests? It's just annoying identifying everything before you use/equip them .
Yes there is. Unfortunately these skills come rather late in the game. Well perhaps not that late. What you need is the Ancient lore trait and then the artifacts skill which decides what levels of items you are able to identify. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 11:34 AM   #16
Radek
Red Dragon

The skill does not come late at all [img]smile.gif[/img] The Artifact skill is a Temple level 3 skill. Therefore:
1. Finish the Medakwa quest.
2. Donate 500 gold. You are guild level 3 in the Temple now.
3. Get the Ancient Lore trait. You are ready to start learning the Artifact skill. Let us note that a warlock gets this trait when he becomes a warlock. Therefore, a warlock can save one learning opportunity. I don't recommend to wait for a warlock unless you can become a warlock immediately (you have some spider eggs and skulls in the inn).
4. Improve your Artifacts whenever you level up.
Let us summarize: You can start learning Artifacts immediately after passing the group of trollie taka taka on your way to the lake.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:00 PM   #17
Dude 77
Manshoon

you no what is so amazing?

is that how one post about one thing can start another topic about a nothering which leads to more topics. but anyway what is "the plate of the realm, and the helm of the realm", i have never found one and i id all my items
Dude 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 04:04 AM   #18
Radek
Red Dragon

The Plate of the Realm - the best plate in the game. It's a plate mail +8 or so and it improves almost all resistances (like the Divine Chain Mail of D'Soto but the resistances are higher).
The Helm of the Realm - the best helm in the game. It's a Great Helm +4 or so and it also improves almost all resistances - like the plate.

Therefore, always check any plate found in an "artifact chest". Always check any great helm found in an "artifact chest".

Note: is there something like "plate gauntlets of the realm", etc., in the game? I've never seen such things but, well, I haven't checked gauntlets, boots or leggins in the chests for a long time - until I found the helm
Old 04-17-2003, 10:19 AM   #19
I-RZ#
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can you learn the spell from the books, or are they unlimited-use scrolls?
I-RZ# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:41 AM   #20
Radek
Red Dragon

Which spell? If you are speaking about ID Items then it isn't a spell.
The Ancient Lore is a trait. The trait is needed for the Artifacts (ID Item) skill. The Artifacts is a skill, therefore, it works all the time. No casting needed.
Once you get the skill, a new button (Identify item) will occur on each unidentified item description window. When you click the button, the character will try to identify the item. Whether the character succeeds depends on his skill level: If the skill level is enough high, the character always succeeds. If the skill level isn't enough high, the character always fails. When the character fails, then he can try later again - when he improves his skill. Trying without improving the skill is useless.