Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 01:45 PM   #1
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

I wanna replay the game with just a zenmaster and valkyre
I have the 4 books and the lich heart I was thinking of temporarily leaving 2 chars at the town inn in Brrimloch and adding two new characters, i would give the books to 1 and the heart to the other and go to the pyramid and have that character put the heart into the black flame to become lvl1 valkyre.
But i have some problems
(1) I have two rows of characters in the inn (most of them are back in valeia)
and i cant seem to create any new chars in brimloch.
(2) when i try to delete the excess chars in valeia (after i exit from the main game) it says they are gone, but they reapear in my main saved game
Will i have to bring my party back to valeia to delete those chars and make up the two new chars? (hope not!!!)
I hope u can understand this im confused just reading it myself!
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 02:08 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, first of all...if you've already finished the game, you won't be able to use the Lich heart because, due to a technical bug, you won't be able to exit the pyramid.

Valeia is the only place you may create new characters or delete old ones. To get them there, you'll need to "Reset Adventures" from the Options window.

Every time you reload a game, it puts the characters back in Valeia, even after you've deleted them. You need to be IN Valeia to keep inconsistencies from occurring.

It's easy to go back to Valeia; as I said, just "Reset Adventures". Then change to the Valeia screen (one of the big Town Icons on the left side). Enter the Inn, and maintain your characters there.

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 02:10 PM   #3
kaythen
Dungeon Master

You cannot create characters exept for in Valeia. You must load your saved game and then go to Valeia and delete characters and create new ones. I would just leave your two experienced characters with the heart and books and let them become Zenmaster...and then restart adventures. That way you can still maintain the skills of your past life as well.
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 03:02 PM   #4
carg
The Magister

Saz, the pyramid bug is (supposed to be) fixed in the patched version. (Haven't tried it, so I can't promise it works, be the patch readme says so.)
I created my newbie Valkyrie before resetting the adventures though, because otherwise you'll have to spend a lot of time to get to the pyramid again (getting the ring, going through dragonspire and the shrine etc.) I indeed walked with my party all the way back to Valeia, but with smart use of create portal, the way back was very quick, and you'll have to bring the Zenmaster to be only as far as Ishad, because you only have to enter any bushi guild.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote