Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-03-2001, 02:36 PM   #1
Elowin
Welcomed New User

We are clearly at the end of the game--I think. No open quests remain except one Priest-Would-Be-Monk's quest to destroy The Dark One--dough! We are in Cet's Pyramid.

We have filled a ton of empty flasks with Holy Water and only wonder what they will be used for?

There is one room with a treasure chest up on in accessible ledge above. I have gained access to the ledge opposite it in the same room but could not jump to side ledges and then to it. How do I get that chest? There doesn't seem to be any telekinesis spell to pull the chest off the shelf? I wonder if there is a hole and access on the other side where I could push the chest off? Help. Thanks.
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 02:38 PM   #2
Elowin
Welcomed New User

...up on an inaccessible ledge...
Old 01-03-2001, 05:27 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ifit is the room I think it is, yes you can jump to the side ledges. Edge your way along the ledge you are on until you think you have almost run out of space to stand (yes save) - you will be surprised at what you can still stand on. Now stare at nearest point of the side ledge. Now it is just the usual jump routine, stare adoringly at the sky above your aim point, and hit shift, forward arrow, 0/Ins all together - you should make it.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 08:05 PM   #4
Gauleiter

When a game engine behaves like Wile E. Coyote (you walk off a cliff but don't fall until you look down), you've got a pretty good clue that the thing is more than a little antiquated...

Note: unlike real world speed-based physics, you needn't be running when you jump to go far; you need only look up and press the shift key at the last minute.

Remember projectile physics from high school, everyone? Apply a little bit of that knowledge to this game engine. It seems that a 45º angle gives you the farthest horizontal distance, while a 90º angle (straight up) gives you the greatest vertical height. Just a useful rule of thumb to follow when playing.
Old 01-04-2001, 03:46 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

Elowin, how can you have gotten through the temple of Isis (Anephas' burial place) and not kill the dark one? He's looking like a temple guardian, and is close the Anephas' altar on your way to Kerah. I must admit the stupid guy always seems to get stuck in a closing door when I play, so I have to rush in to deal him some damage as well before the door does him in. The game might not give you credit for the killing if you haven't helped.
Holy water helps for the thirsty. (you'll see)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 05:38 AM   #6
Elowin
Welcomed New User

>Elowin, how can you have gotten through the Temple of Isis (Anephas' burial place) and not kill the dark one? He's looking like a temple guardian, and is close to the Anephas' altar on your way to Kerah. I must admit the stupid guy always seems to get stuck in a closing door when I play, so I have to rush in to deal him some damage as well before the door does him in. The game might not give you credit for the killing if you haven't helped.

Holy smoke. And I thought the Dark One was Cet but something is amiss. The game's over, Cet and the Mavin are gone and no Bushi Dojo quest credit for this dark one! I must have missed his door in the Temple completely? As far as that goes the whole town acts like the game is still going even though there was an ending--wasn't there--when the Dragon finishes reading the book and tells his little dragons that that's enough?

Is there any big deal if I just don't go back to kill him? The games finishec--I'm finished. I want to thank all of you for the help

Cet was an easy kill--just took a long time to cut him down. The Mavin and Staff weilders did all the work while the other four party members kept everyone healed up.
Old 01-04-2001, 02:40 PM   #7
Elowin
Welcomed New User

Just to wrap things up. W&W was a mixed bag for me. I loved parts and I hated parts. I can't remember the parts I loved as much as the parts I hated. What I hated most were many lifts and doors that the party got stuck in and beaten to pulp. Fortunately one learns to SAVE OFTEN and go through the tedium of reloading.

There was one quest near the end that I might only have gotten after finishing Anephas' Temple--The Dark One. My Priest-would-be-Monk only got the quest from the Dojo guy and throughout the game I only killed things that wouldn't leave me alone. Whatever this Dark One was left me alone in Anephas' Temple. In fact I could not tell from the Quest where he was located and assumed the Dojo guy was speaking of The Dark Lord or Cet--to confussing for me and I believe I did review the quest in our Journal at least once to try and gleaned who and where it was.

I only applied two cheats during the game and I have no regrets about it. I gave the party enough money so that it was never any issue. I think this was roughly 250,000 per character. After applying the "beta patch" (Activision, RELEASE IT YOU IDIOTS!) everything extra in the bank was lost--but this didn't matter--was never needed. We still picked up every bag of coins and treasure up to The Isle of Sands. From The Isle of Sands on we only kept the gold and dropped everything else that could be identified and was of no value to the party--all lessor items to what we equipped. The second cheat was, for example, if a character had some axe skill but was using a mace I removed the skill points from axe and applied them to mace. I did that only once early on in the game and I'm not sure what difference if any it made.

The party remained vulnerable at times until near the end when the game balance must have shifted clearly to our favor because we were a very strong team at this point. When lavawalk wore off once in the middle of the lava the party took on catastrophic damage--restore. But it was easier just to run through some obstacles and accept the damage then try to prevent it.

Anyway, I am glad I played W&W and even glader I was able to finish it. I have no regrets about anything the party might have missed doing--these games are getting very huge and that is a problem in and of itself I have to deal with. I didn't play the sequel to Guardians of Detiny and I doubt right now at least I would play W&W's sequel if it existed today. I don't upgrade my computer but once every three years or so and have always managed to be weak up against the latest 3D technology--I use a Dell Inspirion 7000 currently. Although it has an ATI Rage LT Pro and a 300 MHz CPU this wasn't enough to make the best of W&W's 3D graphics. Pretty jerky frame rate, at times. Near the end of the game it froze twice at different places within Cet's Pyramid but maybe two hours play time apart (hour glass but nothing else). Largely because of this "envelope" limitation I have to live in I much prefer the 2D style CRPG so far. 3D always presents frame rate and texture troubles unless I was willing to rebuild a system (Desktop) to the latest and greatest for each game as it comes out.
Old 01-04-2001, 03:00 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You would have had to have killed the Darkened One to get to Kerah in the Anephas Shrine; he was blocking the main doorway to the room with the pillar. Remember much earlier in the game that Kol the Heretic (in front of the Serpent Temple) drops a clue that Kerah said that she was imprisoned by a "Spirit of Darkness" and that she had failed Anephas. Further clues are given by G'Zerred Ra (the Lich in Skull Castle) who, by his untimely and unwitting reduction of Anephas to Ash, also A) releases the Darkened One on Kerah and B) awakens Cet from his sleep. So if you got to Kerah, you must have killed the Darkened One. If you go back to the Bushi Dojo, you should get credit for it. Unfortunately, if you've already killed Bloodbeard (which you probably have), you can't get any other quests from the Dojo, (the Bloodbeard quest was next, then the Sword in the Stone somewhere on an island in the Lost Sea area).

Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 06:52 PM   #9
Elowin
Welcomed New User

I figure this. I killed The Darkened One, Bloodbeard, and drew the sword from the stone ALL before deciding to run my Priest as a Monk. The whole thing was impossible anyway since I wasn't about ready to strip her of her mace and armor and the two days of training never passed. It was always a reminder that training would be complete in two days with no explaination. This is where the adventure clearly fell apart at the end with these quests. The Thieves Guild got stuck on awarding points "anyway" for the Leprechaun quest too. So it is just as well I didn't spend another moment going back looking for this Darkened One.

It is interesting to mention one other thing. My Paladin who started out a warrior, was asked to become a Valyrie by the Priest and accepted. That same trip to town, when she entered the Dojo, was asked to become a Zen Master, which she accepted. It was all to late though because at that point all we had left to do at Cet's Pyramid even was confront Cet and finish him off. The worst part of the ending though was, after killing Cet and the dragon father ending his story to his little dragon siblings, returning to town and finding NO RECOGNITION from anyone there. Oh well, I can dream about a perfect game but I can't write them.
Old 01-05-2001, 02:53 AM   #10
Erad

Is the ending diffrent than when you join up with cet?

Erad