Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2003, 07:10 AM   #1
Radek
Red Dragon

As we know, the Idol can drive us mad. It can offer +1 to Fortitude and nothing else.
This time, I am playing an assassin and I've got the Berserk trait from the Idol. I have realized that it is not for the first time when I've got the Berserk trait for an assassin. Then I've realized that:

1. I was unable to get anything except +1 to Fortitude every time I was a warlock.
2. I usually got the Giantstrike trait when I was a barbarian.

Therefore, are the traits offered by the Idol role specific? Are they race specific?? I am usually an elf. Are the "missing traits" related to the Idol somehow??? Let us note, that most of people plays only certain class-role combinations.

I ask everybody to post his achievments at the Idol. Please post the trait, the role, and the class.
It is known that the Idol can give more than one trait to a specific role. The dreaded "+1 to Fortitude" is available, perhaps, to any role. But it can happen that certain offers are available only to certain roles and/or classes.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:36 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The thought of the Idol of Bongu has also crossed my mind in relation to the missing traits. The last time I played through the game I focused on getting as many traits as possible for each of my characters (except the vampire traits), therefore I reloaded quite a number of times. My female human paladin gained the Giant Strike trait, as did my male dwarf barbarian (after gaining the berserk trait in the first attempt). My male human ninja got the Giant Strike trait too. The same was the case with male human monk. My female elf warlock was only eligible for the +1 fortitude - even after an excessive number of reloads. I cannot remember if this was also the case with my male human bard, but I think so. So far as I have understood the pattern of the gifts from the Idol of Bongu, it only yields the berserk and the giant strike trait to warrior-like roles. I.e. characters that can only train a few of the weapon characteristics such as bow, dagger and mace are eligible for the "warrior" traits. But do post your experiences, everyone.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:08 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Completing the game a second and third time can sometimes result in the Idol of Bongu's acting in a strange manner. A character who receives the giant strike trait the first time through can now still gain sometimes the berserk trait, sometimes +1 fortitude, but also sometimes nothing at all. That is a bit peculiar. One would think that if a character did not gain a trait, then at least the person would gain fortitude, but that is not so. The idol will even raise one's fortitude above 24, so it is not just characters with level 24 fortitude who gain nothing. So far as I can see it is all very random.

[ 04-05-2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]