Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-13-2001, 09:08 AM   #1
Switters

I just got my new ship and as I was approaching the spot where Talrik was marooned, my ship got stuck close to the shore. It looks like the mast is caught in the trees. I can't go forward, backward or sideways. I eliminated all the sharks and other critters just in case they were blocking me. I went back to town for another ship but none was available. Any ideas?

Also, I can't figure out how to use magical items like amulets and wands. For example, the Wand of Dementia has 4 charges left, but I don't know how to use it.

A final question. About how far into the game am I? I love it and don't want it to end. When it does, any recommendations on what to play next. I tried EQ and AC and could not get into them. I have not tried Baldour's Gate or any of the Might and Magic (I bought M&M VIII but could not get it to run on my system which is a pretty high-end P III with a good 3-D card. I can't find any of the earlier M&Ms in the store. Do you know if they have boxed a collection of the earlier ones. Are they worth playing?

Many thanks.
Old 01-13-2001, 09:24 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Though logical - this was a really silly thing to include in the game! Many players have gotten stuck there.
You don't really NEED the ship, but I rather like it. There are a couple options for getting it unstuck.

If you have the spells CREATE PORTAL and TELEPORT - you can do the safe version - jump off your ship and swim out into deep water and cast Create Portal. Swim back to your ship, click on it so you're one with your ship and then cast Teleport. YOu and your ship should teleport to deep water.

THe other option is to click on your ship and try VANISH - where you end up is random so you might end up in deeper water, or you might end up in the trees. Use at your own risk!

Amulet you wear. Some can be INVOKED - right click on the item and there is an icon for invoking if that is an option with the particular amulet. Not all character types can equip every amulet. YOu may have to pass it around in your party to see if any one can use it. Same with wands - you equip them but not everyone can use them.

You're about 3/4 of the way through the game.
What to play next: W&W AGAIN! (it's better the second time!)
I didn't like Baldurs Gate but that's me!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 10:56 AM   #3
RedJoe

Wyv..

I absolutly hated BG and BG 2. (i tried 2 hoping it would be better)

For those of you who like BG i have two words. ACID ARROWS

For those of you who like BG2 i have two words. ACID ARROWS

The game is silly. Very imbalanced and boring questwise. (the bad guy, an ultra powered wizard never bothered to pay the 5k gold or so to cast magick in the city?)