Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Question Mark Question on Steam...

... looking for perspective from you gamers out there. And yes, I know you're there

My son's now 12 and gotten into playing games on Steam. I don't make a huge fuss about it because he uses a different machine than I do (and coincidentally, every machine he plays on is having crash issues... but I digress...).

However, my reasons for not liking Steam are... nebulous, at best. As in "I think some gamers I know don't like it, for reasons that escape me, and are probably pretty legit".

Not exactly a position I can defend easily, is it?

So.... those of you who've said "No way!" to Steam.... why?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default Re: Question on Steam...

Personally I distrust steam. No real reason, I'm just a control freak at heart.

There doesn't seem to be any point in opposing it. Skyrim needs a stream connection and seems none the worse for it. I don't doubt other games do as well or will follow soon.

I will go with the flow so long as no-one makes steam an excuse for adding extra charges.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Default Re: Question on Steam...

i find steam very useful in that theres almost always some sort of sale going on.
Problem with steam is that you cannot chose a specific location on your drive for each game - they all go in the same spot. Which can be a problem if your disc isnt big enough on that drive.
Other than that, there is the what if steam goes away, and then will i be able to play any of the games i bought possibility.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote