Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2001, 08:56 AM   #1
EINSTEIN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THE QUEST FOR GARRENS CHILD:
CAN KILL ALL THE DREADWOLF THINGS AND 2 GREATERWOLFWERES BUT THE 3RD TAKES INFINITE DAMAGE. EVEN THOUGH IT TAKES LOADS OF HITS FROM MAGIC WEAPONS MAGIC AND SUMMONED CREATURES IT STILL SHOWS UNINJURED.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:05 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Welcome to the board Albert.
I´ve heard you´re problem several times before though im not sure wheter it was a bug or not, how magical are you´re magic weapons?
Old 05-15-2001, 09:20 AM   #3
EINSTEIN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

staff of rhynn+4 which should hit anything.
I'd need to go back to town to get the sword +3 vs shapeshifters but i suspect it won't make a difference.
I could pixie dust the party and walk round it I suppose but I'd really like to know a permanent fix. Would it be worth reinstalling?
Old 05-15-2001, 09:22 AM   #4
Lord Shield

They do die, but they regenerate very quickly. You need to do wnough damage to kill them in ONE round. Try disintegrate/Petrification spells and suchlike

Old 05-15-2001, 09:34 AM   #5
EINSTEIN
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd have thought 5 fire elementals 2 lightning bolts 6 magic arrows and a flamestrike would have done it (showed uninjured at end of round) but I'll give the disintegrate strategy another go.
Already tried it with my sorceror. Saved against 5 disintegrates in a row then it ate my party. Something made me watch...Im not sure what it was.
A resilient sphere would also be a means of circumventing it.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:43 AM   #6
Gray Mage
Banned User

I tried fighting that thing too, about 4 reloads, untill I tried this: What worked for me was I paused the game, after I was obliterated, as I walked into the cave. I had my magic users, clerics, archers target the person, then unpaused. After the dialogue the thing died in about three seconds.

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 05-15-2001, 09:46 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

heres a word: OVERKILL. those meeasly spells wont do... you should have more... i mean more... and your fighters should always hit... its luck... you have to have luck.

------------------

I am Bahamut... and this Chiharu.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:48 AM   #8
Lord Shield

Fighters hit more often than elementals - haste them, boiost their Strength and wade in

Old 05-15-2001, 09:54 AM   #9
Vampire

I had this problem:
despite there are 3 of them only one is the hard one!!!
I had 2x fire elementals
2x Arial Servants
1x something else
lure one at a time!!!! Have everyone on melee only +4 can hurt them. They have 100% mag resist! One of the toughest battles in entire BG2 I think!!!!
Old 05-15-2001, 09:57 AM   #10
Pennance
The Magister

I had the same problem. Originally when I went through that cave they were just Werewolves, then the second time I played the game (started over as another class) they were Greater Werewolves. I wish I still had my DnD manuals so I could tll you the stats on those beasts, but I will say they regenerate like nobody's business. Your best bet is to buff your guys up as much as possible, with Haste being the primary spell. Your offensive spells won't work on Greater Werewolves, but try using web or sleep cloud to slow them down so you only fight several at a time. It may take afew tries, but you'll get it.