Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-22-2001, 05:55 PM   #1
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I fought two shadows after I passed the Genie and now my main character's ability score is drained. Help, what happened? How do I restore it? Thanks.
Old 02-22-2001, 05:58 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ability or level drain? Ability, I think, comes back after a time, nothing special needed. Level drain you need a cleric to cast a restore spell on the party member.

Cloudbringer
Old 02-22-2001, 06:01 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Or go to a temple for level drain reversal.
Cloudbringer's right, ability score drain (a red circle with a cross in it?) will come back by itself after a couple of minutes.
Old 02-22-2001, 06:01 PM   #4
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

You can recover your ability scores by having your cleric cast Lesser Restoration on your drained character or if your cleric is of a high enough level go to a temple and have them do it. You will need this spell a lot later on. Several of the monster you will meet can do this to you.
Old 02-22-2001, 06:03 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Like Cloudbringer have said, it comes back after a couple of minutes (maybe a bit longer), nothing to panic yet.
Old 02-22-2001, 06:04 PM   #6
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Fear not oh cofused one I Mordrick will set your mind at ease.
You have been level drained by an undead creature(scum sucking vermin!). Only the undead can do this e.g werewolfs, shadows and zombies etc.
If you look at your stats scree(the one that tells you your strength, dexterity) you will notice one of your stats has turned red, this is the drained one if you toddle off to a temple(there is one to the north of the tent) you will have to pay some gold to a nice bloke who will top up your stat back to its original numbers.
Hope this old mad fool could explain it well enough I have been subjected to many hammers to the head in my battlin days.
Old 02-22-2001, 06:11 PM   #7
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

Fear not oh confused one I Mordrick will set your mind at ease.
You have been level drained by an undead creature(scum sucking vermin!). Only the undead can do this e.g werewolfs, shadows and zombies etc.
If you look at your stats screen(the one that tells you your strength, dexterity) you will notice one of your stats has turned red, this is the drained one if you toddle off to a temple(there is one to the north of the tent) you will have to pay some gold to a nice bloke who will top up your stat back to its original numbers.
Hope this old mad fool could explain it well enough I have been subjected to many hammers to the head in my battlin days.

See told you I was old. Two whole spelling mistakes in my first post. DAMN IT!
Old 02-22-2001, 06:22 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

You mean I answered and ON TOPIC question first and right?! YES! Somebody circle the date in red on the calendar!

Cloudbringer
Old 02-22-2001, 06:35 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Old 02-22-2001, 06:37 PM   #10
Epona
Zartan

Oh-oh, are we about to go off-topic???