Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-01-2001, 06:49 AM   #21
Kwakkie

My first CRPG: Eye of the beholder (yes, I'm that old. It's a great game. Kept it, so I'm thinking of playing it again (I think it's on those old 5 1/4" discs)

Old 02-01-2001, 06:53 AM   #22
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Baldur's Gate 1 be my first
and well
i got sucked in to it by a games magazine
Old 02-01-2001, 06:54 AM   #23
fighter-thief

Dragon Warrior And Final Fantasy and First edition and second edition D&D is my back ground and black hole

Old 02-01-2001, 07:00 AM   #24
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Pnp D&D got me into RPG. As for vidio game RPGs final fantasy 7 was my first. It's not like BG but still fun.
Old 02-01-2001, 07:47 AM   #25
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

i played a bit of paper DandD in high school in the late eighties. The first CRPG I played was actually Eye of the Beholder too! I later played might and magic 5 till 8. I liked them. Then bought the TSR silver collection at christmas 99. It's great to see how far the games have fun. What was good about it was there was a demo in there that I didn't bother trying out for a while. It was for some game called Baldurs Gate. Finished it in like two sittings and bought the full version the next day. I still DM games of Warhammer Quest sometimes. Great game that.
Old 02-01-2001, 07:52 AM   #26
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

"Betrayal at Krondor" was the one that got me hooked. I had read all of Raymond E. Feist's novels, which got me interested in trying the game.
Old 02-01-2001, 08:53 AM   #27
Jeanne

First RPG was BG, my fiancee bought it and I watched him play as a wizard, (and die repeatedly!) It looked like fun and I have been hooked ever since. When BG2 came out I had to have it. For some bizarre reason I can't convince my fiancee to play BG2, he began a game but he got annoyed with Aerie pestering him all the time and he hasn't played since. Oh, well, he doesn't know what he is missing, and he isn't bugging me to use the computer either.

Old 02-01-2001, 09:05 AM   #28
Moiraine
Anubis

My first RPG (pen and paper) was AD&D. I played a gnome thief/illusionist. Felt very excited when I found my first gem ! Didn't like Paladins at all. Every time our Paladin said "We go left" with this exasperating authoritarian tone of voice, I'd go right !

And my first RPG on a computer ... ULTIMA !!! Very first : Ultima III (you needed a lot of imagination on these days, Iolo was only a green square on a black background ...).

I have played all the Ultimas ever since. To me they stay the best games in the world. Ever. I cried at the end of Ultima 9, t'was a part of my life going away forever.

My hubbie and me were students when we played Ultima VI. We spent a full week (night and day, quite no sleep) playing side by side with two computers, racing to be the one to finish the game first, and exchanging hints (it was I who thought of the balloon first !), it was not multiplayer already, but came close. One of the best week in my life !

After that (and between two Ultimas, gosh ! we had to wait for YEARS for the next one), I played some Might And Magic, a lot of the TSR games (Pool of Radiance, ...), some Bard's Tale (on one spot, there was nobody, you made a step, and there was suddenly 4 groups of 99 monsters popping out of nowhere ! And the maps you had to draw on paper ...), ...

As would Yorick say, "To name a few" ...
Old 02-01-2001, 10:27 AM   #29
Ramon

I tried to play PnP D&D with a bunch of friends for about half a year 12plus years ago while we all were still in grammar school. But we never really got down to it, so we stopped.

Then I read about a game based on the D&D-rules, BGI, in a gaming magazine. Well,
you all know the rest of the story ...

So long,

Ramon

Old 02-01-2001, 10:50 AM   #30
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I played PnP AD&D for about two years quite awhile ago. I then sat for about 1 year and watched a friend play TSR's "pool of radiance"? (is that right). He was very 'protective' of his computer and would not let anyone touch it. So I finally bought my own and played "pool of radiance" myself (found out how much time it consumes) and then stopped playing RPG type games until BG1 came out (and learned again how much time it consumes ).