Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

JUST ONE of W&W's bugs/undocumented features/quirks, which one would you choose to remove/fix and why??

I guess I cannot answer Sebastio. He is a "quirk" but doesn't really qualify for this question. It's just such a pleasant daydream to envision Sebastio being run out of town. lol!!!

I guess I'd fix the path to the Snake Idol given how very many players it has frustrated.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'd make it so that I can go back into the pyramid without installing the patch so that I can finish raiding all the chests

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... As much as I hate to say it, I'd fix the arbitrage opportunity. Make magic arrows sell for less than what you buy them for (perhaps an even trade with the Merchant trait). That would make the game far more challenging, I think. At least for me, it would

Of course, half the time in the game is spent waiting for the delay after NPCs speak. Having the ability to hit space bar to step through would be very helpful...

Nice question, Wyv!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 03:36 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The spirit shield bug. I would like to keep all the opportunities of the unpatched game in general and also be able to use all the traits...
Old 08-01-2004, 07:55 PM   #5
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Definately the Cet Pyramid bug... That place has some of the more interesting enemies... and I almost never manage to raid the chests in time...
Old 08-01-2004, 09:36 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I always raid those last two chests before Cet starts talking... They're usually empty before my first swing of sword or staff.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:21 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Well, the Snake Idol bug is the most frustrating one for me. I would also remove the Fletchery trait from the game [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] because it cannot be implemented consistently. Either you allow to duplicate Dragon Arrow +14, which is bad, or you will duplicate the base arrow without added enchantements, which is unjust. I would make sure that the bowman will always be able to find all his arrows after the battle.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Not having been affected by the snake idol bug I can't really say anything about it. I think I'll pick Radek's choice. Although feltchery is a quite nice feature in the game I find it a little ridiculous that a ranger runs around making arrows while busy with other things.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote