Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-11-2005, 06:46 AM   #1
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

Sad

Hi!

I've just begun IWD II with a new party.

Gold Dwarf - Fighter
Drow - Fighter(and later mage)
Aasimar - Paladin(and perhaps sorcerer later)
Aasimar - Cleric(Lathander)
Tiefling - Rogue(and later mage)
Drow - Mage

What do you guys think of it? Any suggestions?
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I could burn out your eardrums with ideas, but what you have there is more than adequate for a successful party. You have a HUGE amount of spellpower, which is my personally favorite playing style.

A few suggestions (though I am hard pressed to find any).

1. For your fighter, assuming you wish to be a dwarf, I would go with a shield dwarf fighter/barbarian. Shield dwarves are usually superior to Gold dwarves IMO. Also, I find it physically painful to take a single class non-caster character

2. I'm all for the general mage, but once you have one, you don't really need to worry about versatility in your other casters. Due to this, consider switching your drow mages into sorcerers.

3. Make your cleric a human! Unless you have a positive INT modifier with your cleric (which I almost never have), you will only recieve 1 skill point per level, as opposed to 2 per level with a human. The extra skill point will make it all the easier to get that crucial 14 spellcraft (assuming -4 INT modifier, if you roleplay more then it may be less). Also, being a human allows you to be a fighter4/cleric. If you wish to stay with an aasimir, make it a paladin2/cleric.

Your party as is will still rock hard, though. If you wish to leave it, be my guest. The above suggestions would only make the party slightly more powerful, and you may not agree with my play style.

Good luck!
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #3
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

I agree that the shield dwarf is a better choice, why give up the 2 Dex points for a tank with gold after all. You've got your bases well covered, altho you will have only one healer. Maybe a pure Druid (my new favorite class, heh) instead of the Mage? But it's fine as-is and would kick some tail.