Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

A year or so ago, they visited--I didn't answer, so when they left, I looked at the door and stuff--they were teenage kids, so you never know [img]smile.gif[/img] , I found a small cross marked into our wooden door frame in Pencil.

So I erased it. We have brown trim, but I catch most things--even small details.

Anyway, this morning, they rang the bell at 9am--which woke me up. Damn it.
So I let them leave, then remembering that marking, I wanted to make sure it was them that did it--YEP. And NOW, these guys did it in Pen, so I can't remove it well. This pisses me off. I'm fine with Crosses, but I am *NOT* fine with strangers defacing my home.

I want to know if this is normal for the Jehovah Witnesses to do? And what does it mean? (Maybe it's like a marking for people that weren't home when they visited?).

So anyone that didn't answer their door, go check your door frame. The mark was made above where the door lock.

Just wondering. I'm going to see if my neighbors house was defaced as well, when he gets home.

That is not cool...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Perhaps they do that because they didn't get a chance to talk to you, and so they mark your door as "unfinished business".

Or they want to ritually slaughter you of course.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I don't know, I've never seen it on my house but that could be what they are doing. I currently have the local JW's under notice not to come to my place. They inevitably interrupt something or wake someone up and even after being told 'no thank you' don't always leave without shoving things at me, so I long ago lost patience with them and told them to stay off the property.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
That is really off!

If i noticed them doing that to me, i would be tempted to charge them with vandalism.

I havnt had them knocking on my door for a while... Last time they did i quoted several excerpts from the Holy Book of Craig...

i think they know i am doomed!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

They need to do their markings in a notebook if they must (to keep track of who they talked to and who they didn't yet) and not on your house! That's just rude, and kinda creepy LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I good friend of mine was raised Jehovas witness-style. Thankfully for him he got the boot from them at age 16 or so. He taught me a very fun word to use. Dis-fellowship(sp?). Say you are that and they go away. Fast. One tried to get me at a convenience store. I said "Im dis-fellowshipped". She literally ran away from me. Its great fun when given the opportunity, enjoy!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Dis-fellowshipped? oooo k. I'm guessing the JW version of excommunication or something?

Anywho they do have a tendency to show up at inconvenient times, like sat. mornings before your up and about, just as you're about to enjoy breakfast and just as often right when you're about to head out.

But to keep on topic I can't say as I've ever noticed them marking my home in any way. I usually just tell them I'm a proud devoted baptist who regularly attends his own church on weekends. They don't stick around too long.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Or you can just say "Im a homosexual" for a real hasty exit. Grab anyone of the same sex and explain to them this is your boy/girlfriend. My god do they bolt fast. I actually considered recording it sometime, since they come round every so often and will try get you on the streets or in your home.

They hassle people quite a bit where I live. Their chosen technique is "love-bombing" of course, making you feel guilty for refusing them because they are so nice and "just want to talk". They are counting on that, remember.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #9
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

I hate them. Here they are thankfully outlawed (preaching anyway) but if they mess with me while i am abroad i will tell them i am a gay and a dis fellowshipped. I will also kick them for some starting velocity.

Cursed cultists...

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I wonder how Jehova's whitnesses would fare in the middle east.