Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-16-2001, 11:54 AM   #41
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I will keep bumping this into your faces until I get my message across. Nicely of course...

Don't take things personally, dammit! Life's too short to get upset about another person's point of view! Now obey this or I'll smack ya!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 12:33 PM   #42
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

This all is so true, i can only totally AGREE. Sometimes people doesnt know how to discuss and they argue all the time , having those things present will be a great help for anybody that wants to have a nice and normal discussion.

------------------
"It feels good" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 09-16-2001, 11:03 PM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

People still aren't getting the message, so up she goes.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 11:04 PM   #44
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I'm starting to think the situation is hopeless, Memnoch. I'm about as discouraged as I've been in a long time after what I've seen here tonight.

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 10:22 AM   #45
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I'm starting to think the situation is hopeless, Memnoch. I'm about as discouraged as I've been in a long time after what I've seen here tonight.

I'm very discouraged as well, Saz. Makes you wonder, after thousands of years of human civilization, how far have we really come? From blowing up the WTC to all this flaming. Not even flaming for fun, but flaming with real emotions. Just a never-ending cycle of hatred, hatred borne of selfishness, vented in posts, vented against innocent people, fellow Americans whose only crime was to be born Arab, vented against people, vented against fellow posters whose only crime was to disagree with someone else. I've never seen so many locked threads in such a short period here ever. Whatever happened to that vaunted community spirit we have? Was it so frail that at the first sign of crisis it fled to some unknown place? It's in a time such as this that the community should be pulling TOGETHER.

All I can say is stay positive, mate. I'm proud of how you've handled things in difficult circumstances. You're a good man, Saz. Follow your conscience and you can't go wrong.

Anyway, I'll keep bumping this if I have to be the only one bumping this (which I seem to be).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-17-2001).]
Old 09-17-2001, 10:26 AM   #46
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:

In the time of despair Saz, it is important to keep trying! You guys are doing a great job! Don´t let anyone tell you different!!!!!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-17-2001, 10:30 AM   #47
skywalker
Banned User

I've always supported this and even tried to post similar comments in threads that I would call my own. It is unfortunate that personal passions can lead to such a fever pitch of personal flames and inconsiderate posts. I always try to respect other's feelings and will continue to do so. Thanx for being there for us Mods!

Mark
Old 09-17-2001, 12:51 PM   #48
Belecthor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Emotions are definitely running high these days.

**Bumps so Memmy won't feel like a lonely beacon of restraint in a world of crazies**

------------------
Belecthor
Hedge Knight
"Crushing the skulls of morons, sycophants and other insipid evil-doers."
"Non Arte, Sed Marte"
Old 09-17-2001, 12:57 PM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Belecthor:
Emotions are definitely running high these days.

**Bumps so Memmy won't feel like a lonely beacon of restraint in a world of crazies**

Thanks mate, Tuesday's attack has affected us all in ways I didn't even realize.

I hope things are well in your neck of the woods?

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 01:41 PM   #50
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:

Don't be. You guys are doing a great job and this is a great forum. It should come as no surprise that emotions are running high right now. It will pass.

Also, you are measuring Ironworks against its own normal standard, which is one of the highest Ive ever enountered on a forum of this type.

For perspective, perhaps you should look at some other forums where these issues are being discussed. The people here are the very model of rational restraint compared to most of the other places.