Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
Cascade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In BG2, I believe the G3 tweak pack includes an option to disable all helmet animations in the game.

Basically, I understand that it makes all helmets invisible on the character model, so while you can see them on the paper doll in the inventory, you can't see them on your character's head while (s)he walks around and you can see that nice shiny hair colour you picked instead!

I've always thought characters looked vastly better with their helmets off, but it seems suicidal to leave a helm off my front-liners, and I'd dearly love to have this kind of tweak available for BG1. But I've looked and looked and it seems this tweak pack is only available for IWD and BG2, and while I can meddle from time to time with Near Infinity and the like, I don't think I have the editing skills to pull this one off myself.

Has anyone seen a tweak that can do this in BG1? Has anyone adapted the G3 tweak for BG1? Anyone willing to take it on? I think this would be a wonderful thing to have, and I'm sure I'm not alone!

Cas
Cascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

For BGTutu,
http://www.gibberlings3.net/tutu/index.php
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:48 AM   #3
Cascade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Dundee Slaytern. I'm not actually playing Tutu yet (though I intend to soon!) but that pack's already on my list of Stuff To Try once I make the leap. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But I'm in vanilla BG1 right now, and my people have ugly heads!

Does anyone understand what the tweaks do? Are we talking about /removing/ the animations from the various helmet items (of which there are lots!) or just editing the helmet animation itself (and I guess there are only about 3-4 of these) to make it invisible?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #4
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm guessing but i guess oyu could make a set of helmets using IE, and make it have no animation? thats a guess though. i have never used IE
Old 05-21-2006, 07:57 AM   #5
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Because of how it's coded, you shold be able to run G3 Tweaks on vanilla BG and install that one component. I wouldn't recommend trying any of the others, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.
CamDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #6
Cascade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, cool! I'll give that a try! This is the Tutu version you're talking about, right? *goes off to see what happens...*
Old 05-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #7
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Cascade:
Oh, cool! I'll give that a try! This is the Tutu version you're talking about, right? *goes off to see what happens...*
Either/or, the actual code for that component is the same in both Tutu Tweaks and G3 Tweaks.

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.
CamDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
Cascade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had some problems with this. I'm emailing the debug log to webmaster@gibberlings.net as suggested in the error message, but FYI what I saw was this:

Install Component [Remove Helmet Animations]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Remove Helmet Animations]
FAILURE:
This mod should be installed in your BG2 folder, after the Tutu conversion.
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

I'm guessing it's struggling with the fact that it's being installed into the BG1 folder and maybe can't find some resources it requires...?
Old 05-31-2006, 03:21 AM   #9
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

you need to run it from teh tutu folder, not the bg 1 folder
Old 05-31-2006, 03:44 AM   #10
Cascade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
you need to run it from teh tutu folder, not the bg 1 folder
Thanks tt, but what I'm trying to do is to install the tweak pack on vanilla BG1 as recommended by CamDawg. I'm not using tutu and don't have it installed.

There is something going on with folders, but I'm not sure what. Setup-Tutu_Tweaks.tp2 and Setup-Tutu_Tweaks.exe installed to my BG1 folder, and Setup-Tutu_Tweaks.bat installed to my BG1\Tutu_Tweaks folder. However, Setup-Tutu_Tweaks.bat is pointing to a "Setup-Tutu_Tweaks.exe" that does not exist in its folder. Moving the exe up into Tutu_Tweaks doesn't work because it looks for dialog.tlk when it runs. Agh!