Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-11-2005, 12:06 AM   #1
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Mad

okay, I was wondering a couple of things...

#1: Does Viconia romance half-elves? I read that elves couldn't be romanced, but I was wondering.

#2: Could using CluaConsole possibly mess with the romances? I heard that it could mess with banters between characters, but could it possibly delay romances?

Thanks in advance for answers [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-11-2005, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Kyrvias ]
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:46 AM   #2
The Lilarcor
Elminster

I have been half elf and romanced viconia

And depending on where you set the dialogues in the console, it may mess it up, but I'm not 100% sure
Old 06-11-2005, 01:11 AM   #3
CamDawg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1) In unpatched SoA Viconia does not romance half-elves; this was fixed in the official patch. ToB does not have this bug.

2) In theory, you can break (and fix) anything via the console. In practice, as long as you're not manipulating romance variables you should be fine.

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.
CamDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 08:14 AM   #4
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Related: My romance with Jaheira was bugged with the Flirt Pack installed, but worked fine without it.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:42 PM   #5
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Related: My romance with Jaheira was bugged with the Flirt Pack installed, but worked fine without it.
I doubt very much that the two are connected, but what, exactly, "was bugged"?
Old 06-12-2005, 10:01 AM   #6
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I got to the point where DErmin appears, but he never actually showed up. Jaheira just said, "Der... Dermin..." and then nothing.

I uninstalled the mod and the romance worked fine.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
jcompton
Elminster

And uninstalling the flirt pack allowed you to continue that dialogue? Or you simply played through it another time and it worked?

Jaheira's personal quest is notoriously buggy. We do not touch the associated variables in any way with the flirt pack (because frankly, I'm not confident in my ability to actually fix the stupid quest.)
Old 06-12-2005, 12:40 PM   #8
BassMan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
I got to the point where DErmin appears, but he never actually showed up. Jaheira just said, "Der... Dermin..." and then nothing.

I uninstalled the mod and the romance worked fine.
That happened to me all the time as well, with and without mods. Thought there was a patch for that?
Old 06-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #9
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by jcompton:
And uninstalling the flirt pack allowed you to continue that dialogue? Or you simply played through it another time and it worked?

Jaheira's personal quest is notoriously buggy. We do not touch the associated variables in any way with the flirt pack (because frankly, I'm not confident in my ability to actually fix the stupid quest.)
You're right, playing through in a different game, without the mod, the romance worked. I just assumed it was the mod, since that was the only thing different in the two games.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #10
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Thought there was a patch for that?
Many have claimed to. I've never found one that's worked 100% for me.