Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Question Mark NWN2- Anyone played Storm of Zehir in multiplayer?

I'm going back and giving it another try. The game's clunky engine pales so much in comparison to the games I am playing today, that I always seem to get deterred and haven't gotten past the first part to this day.

Well, not this time. I have recruited 2 friends to "drag me through it" on LAN, because I know that despite its problems, the game has some great D&D content in it that I have yet to see. I figure with some real players by my side the fun will outshine the frustrations I tend to have.

My questions are...

Is SoZ 100% MPer compatible? Anyone played through it online or LAN and like to share their experiences as far as smoothness and ease of multiplay are concerned?

Also, is MotB MPer? I want to say I heard it wasn't, but I wondered if there are any modified versions of the Betrayer OC out there, specifically changed to accomodate more than one player? Reason I ask is because MotB seemed to me to be the coolest OC of them all and I would love to finally complete it.

Also, any essential mods I should get? UI mods and that sort of thing. How about other MPer custom modules/adventures? Any recommendations are welcome but I am not a fan of beta stuff - would prefer to play through the finished work.

And finally, is Mysteries of Westgate (think that's the name) any good? I have heard 50/50. Is that one MP worthy?
Old 10-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: NWN2- Anyone played Storm of Zehir in multiplayer?

Mysteries of Westgate is definitely worth buying. It's not as long as either the OC, MotB or SoZ but it's extremely well designed with very very few bugs in the game aside from those that normally appear in the NWN2 engine.

As for multiplayer for SoZ and MotB, I've read posts on the official forums where some people have successfully played both expansions as well as the OC in multiplayer. Unfortunately I do not recall whether they had to do anything special to play in MP mode.

As for essential haks, I would say NO. The only one I WOULD have recommended is TonyK's AI but that was incorporated into the game with SoZ. Kaedrin's PrC pack is problematic and causes problems with many games, and is constantly being updated. I would recommend avoiding ALL haks as they seem to be causing problems IN GENERAL.

As for custom adventures, I would recommend Harp and Chrysanthemum by Merduin and Moon Shadows by ALex Hugon. Both are superb. Pool of Radiance remastered isn't bad. And there are a couple more that I've played that are pretty good - Night Howls in Nestlehaven V1.17 is worth checking out. check out the link below for more options:

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated....modulesenglish

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: NWN2- Anyone played Storm of Zehir in multiplayer?

Nice one thank you, haven't started yet but plan to soon. I also found this
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...0314&forum=111

and am gonna use it to play the original NWN2 OC. The author is making one for MotB soon also, just when I was looking for something like this!