Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
Knightscape
Manshoon

Default Dragon Age

http://dragonage.bioware.com/
Old 07-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Dragon Age

More July 9 2008? Could it be they are finally ready for release?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I have to hand it to Bioware for sticking to their positions that "We'll release it when it is ready" and "We'll tell you more when we are ready." If you go over to their official forums you'd be rich if you could collect one dollar for every person that kept asking," When is it coming out" and "When are they going to release more blah, blah, blah..." They get locked down real quick.

July 9th should prove to be interesting. I am hoping Bioware provides an RPG that will truly deliver.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, its about dang time!

I saw on engadget this:

It looks like BioWare is finally ready to talk a little bit more about their long-in-development fantasy RPG Dragon Age. The developer first announced the game and showed an early PC build at E3 2004 but since then there's been a cone of silence on the title (with the exception of one article in the now defunct Games for Windows magazine in 2006).

The Dragon Age web site now has a teaser image that indicates more info on the title will be revealed on Wednesday, July 9. Bioware's new owners Electronic Arts have previously mentioned that the game is currently scheduled to be released in the first quarter of 2009. The game is also scheduled to be shown at E3 next week.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:00 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The website has been updated with a newsletter and news of an upcoming trailer coming to TV this Friday.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Aye saw that...somehow I expected more. Like an instant copy of the game in my hands Still a LONG way off unfortunately.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I am underwhelmed. I have seen such trailers many times before from other RPG offerings, thus this is nothing new. I would have at least liked to have seen a clip of real game play.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Just saw the video. Really generic stuff. It didn't tell us anything about the game, except that it's typical medieval stuff. And it seems like a cliché good versus evil conflict. Somehow I was hoping for something unique to draw our interest.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:54 AM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
Just saw the video. Really generic stuff. It didn't tell us anything about the game, except that it's typical medieval stuff. And it seems like a cliché good versus evil conflict. Somehow I was hoping for something unique to draw our interest.
Aren't all RPG's basically a cliche good vs. evil conflict?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:22 AM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes, but some have interesting twists and grey areas in place of the usual black and white.