Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think your chances of surviving Isabel are?
(Perfect) My Statement to Isabel -> [moon] 1 9.09%
(Good) There's a good chance I'll come out alive. [Smile] 9 81.82%
(Average) Maybe I'll Survive...Maybe I'll die with a street light shoved up my ass! [1dizzy] 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2003, 09:51 PM   #1
Son of Osiris

Hurricane Isabel...Yes, you know, the one that's supposed to rip through the US and whack us people here in Southern Ontario. Many of you are afraid that you might not survive her wrath. Well, unless you brace for impact, you are absolutely right. Many of you probably have Priceless Heirlooms, small children, or a will to live of insane proportions. I will offer some guidance on surviving this disaster or you can just go to www.ready.gov (it doesn't just talk about Terrorism, it talks about ways to survive other disasters.)

First, how to protect your priceless heirloom. What you'll need is a metal box that will contain the heirloom(s),Duct Tape, newspaper (or cotton, or Tissue Paper, whatever you prefer.) a shovel, a massive boulder and a metal safe [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] It'll all make sense...right now. place some of the newspaper (or what have you) into the small metal box, place the heirloom into the box on top of the lining (newspaper, etc.) place the rest on top of it and close the metal box. If it can be locked, Lock it! If it can't,wrap the thing in duct tape -- The last thing we need is the thing cracking open later. Now open your safe, place the box in back of the vault and duct-tape it there. Now close the vault and lock it. Your Heirloom is safe from Isabel. Now pick up your shovel and START DIGGING!!! Stop at 5 feet. Now have the safe lowered into the pit. Fill the pit up with the dirt. Now the hard part (if you're not muscular) take the huge boulder and roll it on top of the patch. There ya go!

Okay, your Heirloom is safe. But what about your children? Isabel could wipe them off the face of the earth, if not, she'll wipe their smiles off their faces, right? WRONG!!! Got a sub basement? A pick? A four-Year supply of food? And other nescessities? Good! Listen, move all that shiznit down to the sub Basement (even the kids.) But it'll be hard explaining to them what's going on, eh? Just tell them, plain and simple, that there's gonna be a hurricane but everything will be okay because it won't be able to touch them. Move all the important stuff I mentioned into the sub basement and after the hurricane, check to see if it is possible to step outside. If not, you know what to do -- Yes, lift up that pick axe and give the wall a mercy killing. Yes, it'll be hard to let go to that wall, but think of it -- Your life is much more precious then that of a slab of wood. But watch out for electrical wiring. You want to SURVIVE this, not get killed. Tunnel your way to the top. (don't forget your oxegyn tank...which I forgot to metion [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img] )

Third: You might wanna get ready for long term events. Just in case you die, God Forbid, write up a legal will, lest your kids end up with your asshole-of-a-relative. Don't forget your insurence papers. Ya know what? Throw that in with your heirloom so they don't get ripped apart by rubble, etc. Also, put a lot of money aside for food. Life insurance seems like a good idea too. Would you wanna be impaled by that fence across the street and your loved ones paying those bills that don't stop at your grave?

Forth: There is an easy solution. Take everything important to you and your family, load it into a pickup or what have you, get in the car, and get your ass over to the west (if you're in southern Ontario, head North! WAY NORTH!!! All the way to the Northwest Frickin' Territroies if you have to! Which is better, being tired from driving all day, or feeling the pain of being crushed by a telephone pole?

Of course, some of these solutions will probably not work. If these pearls of wisdom I've flicked at you aren't helpful, you're on your own. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going deeper into my Bunker. *Salutes, Gets up off chair, walks toward elevator*

Old 09-16-2003, 10:00 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I'm just glad the sucker is dying out. If it was a 155 MPH Cat.5 storm, it would be MUCH worse.

What sucks is that where its going to hit has already BEEN flooded with storms over the past weeks, and this Hurricane will just make a bad situation much worse.

To those in it's path: Be safe, and take care. And Get your ass to Canada [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #3
Son of Osiris

Big time. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2003, 10:16 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Yeah I'm quite relieved it has died down to cat 2...for now anyway. I was getting worried as the family Businesses are in Myrtle Beach S.C., though it *appears* the brunt of the storm will be hitting further north.

If it will only stay out to sea and head towards Greenland then we can *all* breathe easy. Unlikely though.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:40 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yeah its headed right for my area. Yay.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-16-2003, 10:46 PM   #6
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

We spent our geography period yesterday talking about this hurricane. It's frightening that the hurricane can reach into Southern Ontario which is so far from the coast. Hopefully the hurrican will veer off and go to somewhere where it will cause little harm to people.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:53 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
To those in it's path: Be safe, and take care. And Get your ass to Canada [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well, thanks, Z!

Anyways, the joys of being in central/western canada are incredible! The closest thing to a disaster for my this year was a tornado that whipped north of Edmonton.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:55 PM   #8
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Well, thanks, Z!

Anyways, the joys of being in central/western canada are incredible! The closest thing to a disaster for my this year was a tornado that whipped north of Edmonton.
[/QUOTE]One of the FEW joys of being in Western Canada besides the Edmonton mall...
Old 09-17-2003, 12:00 AM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Me? Perish to a natural phenomenon(sp?)? Never. I'll run and hide in another corner of the world before that happens. Anyways I seem to get all the luck. Nothing devastating has hit me or close friends/family directly.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 09-17-2003, 12:23 AM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

This thing is going through the US? Are you serious? I thought the hurricanes only stayed near the coast, good thing there is a basement near me.

Edit-Add: Well, found the path of the hurricane and it is closer than I'd like, by about 150 miles but knowing wind storms it may decide to shift it's path. Here's what I found.

Watches/Warnings

Strike Probability

Wind Distribution

Found it here.

[ 09-17-2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]