Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2001, 05:53 AM   #1
EdgeMaster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was thinkin about Dual Classing one of my charecters, which charecters are you able to dual class... I was thinking about a fighter/mage would that be possible and if it is, can you use the itmes that only a mage can use? and the items that a mage cant use?

------------------
The Legend Will Never Die!!
-EdgeMaster
Old 03-24-2001, 04:19 PM   #2
Entreri
Manshoon

Yon can dual class any classes if you are Human of course. Maybe not the monk; bard; Paladin and Barbarian but any other classes with their Kits can be dual class. But you need to have proper stats to make it available. You must have 17 of 18 (not sure) in your strengh if you are a fighter and 17-1not sure again) in dext if you want to be a thief. The same is true if you want to be a mage (17 or 18 in int) If you don't have high scores, You can't dual class. You need to know what to do in making a character with the idea of dual in the future before playing. Or else, magical items that make higher stats should work.

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 03-24-2001, 04:33 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You can dual into classes where a multi-class counter part is available.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-24-2001, 05:28 PM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, any Human character can dual class, but like Entreri said, you need to know what you want to Dual into BEFORE you create your character. For example, say you have a fighter, and you have given him/her top points in strength, constitution and dexterity, but rubbish points in intellect, there is no point in trying Dual to a Mage. Also, you will lose your Fighter bladed and piercing weapon skills. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!
I like to start with a fighter and Dual to a Cleric, so I give her max Strength, max Wisdom, as high as I can on Constitution and Dexterity, and not less than 11 on the rest. Which means you need a MINIMUM Abilities total of 90.
Also, I only allocate weapons skills to the Fighter that the Cleric can use. When you Dual, you will LOSE the Fighter skills, and start Cleric at level 1. However, if you Dual at level 7, by the time you get out of the first dungeon, you will be lvl 7 Cleric - and when you are lvl 8, you will get your Figher skills back (though not all the Quick weapon slots). Have fun!
F.