Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 10-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
Law
Dungeon Master

Smiley

I just finished a game with a group of all priests. It was my variant on the Den of Thieves. I thought that the thief is a better fighter then the priest and that the Spirit and Vine spells are not very useful in offense. So I thought that this would be harder. Since I was not going to be training them in the guilds it did not matter that there is a Priest's guild in Valeia.

All of them stayed a Priest the whole game with one exception. One of the priests switched to a Warlock so I would have the moon spells. This gave me the teleport spells as well as a way to defeat the Salads. They fell to a lot of Spectral Raven and Pain spells. I have taken on the salads without spells before but I would always use bows and throwing weapons. A Priest can not use a bow or any throwing weapons. I could not find a Spirit or Vine spell that would hurt the Salads. Even though for the rest of the game the Locust Swarm spell works pretty well.

There was no training except in Artifacts and Forge. And the one that decided to use the Sword of Mavin trained once in Sword so that I could put skill points toward it when leveling up.

Each priest in the group specialized (at least in the beginning).
I had one put all skill points in Spiritcraft -- To get the high level healing spells.
Another all in Vinecraft -- To get the Cure Poison and Cure spells.
Another put the skill points in Mace to try and be a better fighter.

Another was my "Thief". This one put all skill points in Vinecraft until he got Pry and then split between Sorcery and Vinecraft until he got Disarm Trap and then almost all after that into Sorcery until his Sorcery was at 7. At that point I could open almost all the normal chests (the few 5 star chests we had to bash).

This was the first time that I had relied completely on spells to open the chests and locks. I could not open the Level 12 Lock in Skull castle even with Sorcery at 7. Later in the game we came back and bashed it (with several reloads when they jammed it). Even with strength 20 (at the time) it was not easy to open that door.

This group took forever to be able to hit consistently. I used Bless most of the time and usually several. Each one seems to add a little to the character's "To Hit".

This group always had to be careful, even at the end they needed to be healing in the middle of battles. They were always getting Insane. One time several got insane while they were all silenced. It was a good thing that I had so many that could cast Restore Health or I would have been reloading a lot more often.

Bungleau you may be interested to know that this group found a Red Dragon. Yep, that always flying dragon and them with no range weapons.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Wow - you certainly do like interesting challenges!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for telling us how it went, Law!!

We could probably put together a nice collection of these different parties and the consequences of their limitations. Proof yet again that almost every party is workable! (not necessarily easy, but workable)
Old 10-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wow!!! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Impressive, Law! I never thought of all priests! Sounds like it was really challenging!

We should start a compendium of the different game variations [img]smile.gif[/img]

It does beg the question.... what's next?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote