Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-17-2001, 07:52 PM   #1
merlin9761

Can someone please tell me a way to kill Rayic Gethras the cowled wizard in the docks on Edwins quest.Someone told me to attack him before he's ready to fight.That didn't work.He just casts some sick defensive magic and all my attacks are completly ineffective.He just slaps the ass out of me every time.Most of my party is 10th level is that too low.Someone please help before i throw my computer out the friggin window.thanks

Old 09-17-2001, 08:04 PM   #2
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

I am pretty sure that rayic casts 'protection from magic weapons'. well, the simplest way to kill him is to attack him with a bunch of tanks using normal, non-magical weapons. worked for me, I didn't even cast a spell. My kensai with dual katanas annihilated him.
Old 09-18-2001, 01:14 AM   #3
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To disrupt him from spellcasting, you can also try casting holy smite (cleric) and insect plague (druid).
Old 09-18-2001, 03:57 AM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

best low-level anti-mage spell: polymorph self:mustard jelly (100% magic resistance). have everyone else wail on him with missile weapons (as well as killing any monsters he manages to summon). none of the "immunity to ____ weapons" spells lasts more than four rounds. survive that and he's toast.
Old 09-18-2001, 10:57 AM   #5
don_carlo_uk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found that Rayic used nasty spells like Finger of Death etc quite a lot so stuff like protection from magical energy works really well. I dont think a level 10 mage can cast that though unless you use a scroll. You should be able to use breach by that point to get through any magical defences he has. If you manged to dispatch his golems then he shouldn't really be any problem for your party once breach has been used. Some kind of true sight/invisibility purge spell might be handy too cause he tends to cast imp invisibility as far as i remember.