Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-02-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

First my 20 year class reunion last weekend, and now this!

I just got backing from taking my son, Noah, to the DMV to get his driver's license. It was VERY strange.

He's been driving with a limited permit for a year, and I knew this was coming and even looked forward to it cutting down on chauffeur’s duty. In fact, I thought the only downside was my skyrocketing insurance premium, but after he got it, we came home, he dropped me off then left to go make the rounds of family and friends, and it suddenly hit me. Wow, he really is 16! Somehow I always looked through that 5'10' 220lb young man who is always too cool to smile anymore and see the 5 year old who can't quit grinning.

It was surreal watching him driving away alone this afternoon.

He was certainly happy as a clam though. I just hope he doesn't do any of the things I did, or more importantly, I hope WHEN he does those things, that I don't find out about them for another 10 years or so. By then I should be on some type of heart medication anyway.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:24 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

A good game of Ro Cham Bo will do more for you then what those heart pills, trust me. Oh and congradulations on raising a fine young man.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I'm not high in the years, but I know what you mean Ronn. The years are just flying by anymore. I remember things back four years ago like they were yesterday and in less than a year, I'm going to college.

Time, spooky thing it is.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

You might watch him drive into the sunset Ronn_Bman ... but he will be back in the morning with dirty washing [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-02-2004, 07:59 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

That... and a request for gas money. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #6
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Congrats on getting older Ronn, and ... good luck. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2004, 08:19 PM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, Piestrider has been driving for over a year now. Much less milage on my Suburban, and it doesn't cost me a thing - my father-in-law bought it for him: a Toyota Avalon. Congrats, Ronn.