Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 10:19 AM   #1
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

I was just wondering but is there a way to chat with people on IW? I mean like an actual chat room where you can just go in and talk to the people on the website. Or what about Instant Messages like aol and msn? I was just wondering.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 04-25-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

There's no official IW chatroom (yet). But you can use MSN or something similar, or one of those chat thingies like the one on the ranger clan homepage (which is here).

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 04-25-2002, 10:25 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Not that the one on that page is used much...
Old 04-26-2002, 10:26 AM   #4
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

So how much longer till Ziroc gets the chat room up and running, if he's making one?
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 04-26-2002, 10:31 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I think that people should just get MSN or AIM if they want to chat, no reason to put even MORE load on the server just to get a chatroom.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:33 AM   #6
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
I was just wondering but is there a way to chat with people on IW? I mean like an actual chat room where you can just go in and talk to the people on the website. Or what about Instant Messages like aol and msn? I was just wondering.
Lots of people from IW use MSN, just check profiles to see who does [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2002, 10:40 AM   #7
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Ok well, I currently only get on at certain times so, I'm allittle screwed with the msn and aim, I don't have my own cpu with me. I use the school cpus.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:43 AM   #8
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
Ok well, I currently only get on at certain times so, I'm allittle screwed with the msn and aim, I don't have my own cpu with me. I use the school cpus.
Likewise, I can only use work PCs and my own at weekends but I still get to do some msn chatting

Old 04-26-2002, 10:50 AM   #9
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah, MSN does seem to be the "chat of choice" among IW folks. Anytime of the day or night there is someone around. Start adding people, I think you will be surprised how many folks are on at various times. About strain on the server with a chatroom, I don't really think that is an issue. My forum has a chatroom and it really is an insignificant part of the forum as far as our server is concerned. A has talked about a chatroom for a long time and even looked into it. I don't really know where this is in his plans right now.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 04-26-2002, 11:25 AM   #10
MagiK

Well AMNUTS is a cool chat room language option if anyone is interested. As people have said we are on AIM or MSN just check the profiles.