Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-09-2001, 07:25 PM   #1
Ranger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I intend to purchase BG2 next week. I have a couple of questions, though.

1. As I understand it, I can import my BG1 character or create a new one. When creating new characters in BG2 do they start out at Level 1? Or do new characters start out at some predetermined experience level?

2. I currently have the Full Installation of BG1 on my computer. This does not leave enough room for the BG2 installation. Can I remove BG1 completely then perform a Full Installation of BG2, or does BG2 require some of the files from BG1?

3. System Requirements. I'm currently running BG1 on an AMD-K6-2 400MHz system, 224 MB of RAM, 4 MB on-board AGP video. BG1 runs ok, slow video in some scenes, but ok. Will BG2 run ok?

Thanks for any advice,
Ranger
Old 11-09-2001, 07:31 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

1. they start out at either level 7 or 8 I think
2. best thing to do is take it out completely BG2 operates by itself once installed. I know I dont have BG1 ,but i have SOA and TOB and even if soa and BG1 use some of the same files soa will have those included when you install it
3. youll have a great time, even if it runs a little slow, the game is amazing and well worth it

hope this helps clarify a little [img]smile.gif[/img] and Im sure youll be posting here often after you by it so: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!
Old 11-10-2001, 01:16 AM   #3
Debaser

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
[QB]
2. best thing to do is take it out completely BG2 operates by itself once installed. I know I dont have BG1 ,but i have SOA and TOB and even if soa and BG1 use some of the same files soa will have those included when you install it
QB]

just be sure to extract your final save from the "save" folder in BGI...this way, you can import your BG I guys into BGII (this save is the key to doing that...unless you just export your character files and then place those in the BGII folder). just make sure you don't delete any exported characters or the BGI final-save.