Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
So I'm trying to kill the lich in Tribunal and she is killing me with one blow with her poison/fire/lightning/etc combo so I need some resistances. If I had magicka resistance, would this help me against fire etc spells or do I need resistance specific to the effect? Also, do resistance spells/potions stack - ie if I had 3 20% resistance potions would I then have 60% resistance?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In answer to the second part of your question, potion effects are stacked in every way except duration. Drinking two 20% for 20 secs potions will give you 40% for 20 secs.

Spells are only stacked if they are different spells of the same effect. ie. Casting a 10% resistance and a 20% resistance will give you 30% for their respective durations. Casting the same 20% spell twice will only give you 20%. Casting two different spells of 20% magnitude will give you 40%.

If you want check to see whether spells and effects are stacking, pass the mouse over the effect icons in bottom-right to bring up a list of effects sources.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Doesn't the Cuirass of savior's Hide protect you from such attacks ? I believe it has a 70% magic resistance enchantment on it, and as far as i know, that goes for ALL spells, including those elemental strikes from Liches.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I thought magical resistance will protect you from magical attacks like blind,paralysis etc? I believe it won't protect you from fire, ice or lightning attack. You need fire or ice or lightning resistance to protect you from those attack.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #5
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
I thought magical resistance will protect you from magical attacks like blind,paralysis etc? I believe it won't protect you from fire, ice or lightning attack. You need fire or ice or lightning resistance to protect you from those attack.
Right: Magicka Resistance only protects you from spells that are based on pure magic. It won't help against elemental forces such as fire, shock, etc.

However, spell absorption and spell reflection work against spells, not specific effects. So one or both of those might help.

(One nice thing about being born under the sign of the Atronach: 50% of the spells cast at you just get absorbed without doing anything. [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

I can't remember, does the lich use a weapon or a spell? If it's a weapons killing you, run away and use projectile attacks. If it's a spell. Stay in place until it casts it and then move away ( don't keep moving or it will calculate where to shoot to hit you). Once it runs out of mana, kill it.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote