Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-08-2002, 07:22 PM   #1
Drelf68
Welcomed New User

I have completed just about every quest in BG2. I still have not been able to get into the mind flayer section of the sewers. I need to so I can get the hammer of thunderbolts. How do I unlock the door to get in?
Drelf68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 07:28 PM   #2
Ugaya
Manshoon

You get the Sewer Key from Tazok during the journey to the Windspear Hills.

Spoiler

You find him deep within the Firekraag dungeon, close to his master.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Ugaya ]

Old 01-08-2002, 08:30 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah thos flayers will be pretty rowdy when you bust up their picnic so just a warning to be careful
Old 01-09-2002, 12:31 PM   #4
Darkscar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you get the hammer of thundrbolts!
i killed em all by opening the door , use wand of cloudkill then wand of lightning close the door! carnage!
Darkscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 12:36 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

Cloudkill on the illithi? I've never found that effective. They have very high magic resistance.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 04:12 PM   #6
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Cloud kill will take care of those infernal giant beetles! Best to wait until you've acheived a higher level. Then use skeletal warriors with reckless abandon. Keep a hold of those potions of clarity and stock up on chaotic command spells beforehand. Too bad those don't come in a scroll. If those squid heads freeze you, you're dead! They don't take hit points, they take INT. points. Stupid PCs die fast!
Old 01-10-2002, 09:39 AM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
Cloudkill on the illithi? I've never found that effective. They have very high magic resistance.

If you cast cloudkill from a wand it usually ignores magic resist, I know it did for Firkraag, and the Illithids
Old 01-10-2002, 10:01 AM   #8
Ionut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

spoiler

I didn't had de smallest problem in that dungeon(i play on core rules)
my party was:
me-cavalier
viconia
jan
edwin
korgan
valyar

i casted devensive harmony with my char viconia uses draw upon holy might and then righetos magic(i don't know how to speel that)
2 firreballs before i entered and then i just killed them all
it was so easy!!
Old 01-10-2002, 10:58 AM   #9
fable
Quintesson

Are we all talking about illithi? The same guys who are almost completely resistant to all spell effects, even area spells? That's one tough battle, since they can't be easily harmed magically (check out their area in the Underdark), and tend to leech intelligence while casting high level charm and stun mental effects that can work on just about anybody. Hell, they even grabbed Viconia and turned her against me--once. I ended up using plenty of summoned critters, along with a specially prepped Keldorn (Korgan, when I did this with an evil/neutral party) loaded with mind-protecting amulets, boots of speed, etc.

Or has this battle been altered substantially when ToB was added? I've always played it before installing ToB.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote