Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #11
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The best thing to do to Store things you
wish to keep is:
1)Down load a house mod and use one of the
containers in it.
2)Join one of the guilds and placeb your
stuff in the guild Box that has the weapons,
potions and spells that are free for your
character to take.
I stored a number of Items in the Fighters Guild
weapons Box when I first started playing.
Also after Caius (the Guy you give the package
to at the begining of the game) gets to the
point where he is called back to the mainland.
You are given his house in Balmora. At that
point you can pile everything you own in there.
You can just go back and pick it up anytime
you want, with no worry about it Disapering
when their is a chapter change which seem to
Happen everytime you complete a mission
on the main Quest.

[ 01-06-2006, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 01-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #12
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
IIRC, CrimsoNBlade, you can't actually store any equipment in those guild chests, at least you couldn't in my game. Perhaps that's a mod you're using or someone else can confirm either way that its possible or not? I also use Cauis' place at that point in the game, which though messy and small, does the job. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You could also get yourself a nice big pack guar to lug your gear around. (read - pack mule) I think there's a fellow who sells them on a farm house just north of Pelgiad. I think its a non-mod addition, though I'm not quite sure hehe, it might only come with the Vvardenfell Druglord mod I'm using. Either way, it shouldn't be hard to get one added to a game.

But my pack guar is awesome, I can tell him to follow me if I need to pick up supplies, or he can be told to stay at a certain spot. Either way, his carrying capacity is impressive - over 1000 pounds. I store my daedric items and other treasures in particular on him and simply return to him if I need anything.

The only gripes I have about him is his tendency to get a bit stuck sometimes on thin bridges when travelling and he doesn't like mage guild guides or travelling by recall very much to the point that they won't work with him. But otherwise, he makes a fun addition to the game companion wise and is very handy to have around.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:12 AM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Why don't you just download one or two plugins that give you a house of your own ? No need to make life harder than it is.

Oh...and btw....i wouldn't sell Chrysamere to the mudcrab if i were you. First of all...it's probably one of the best swords in the game, and secondly...you'll need it later in the game, since it's part of a quest when you work for the Imperial Legion.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #14
Zaleukos
The Magister

I like to use the council club in Balmora for storage. Its close to instant-travel facilities and has quite a few rooms and containers.
Zaleukos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #15
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I tend to use the three story home (ex-home, thank you fighter's guild) of Sharn "I'm a female Orc" Gramzomething or other. It has shelves, containers, a bed, etc.

Even still, though, I tend to leave my favorite suits of armor lying on the ground somewhat haphazardly.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:12 AM   #16
The Merciful
The Magister

You do know some of the crates respawn their content, and in the proses delete whatever you may have but in there? So DO NOT store anything in a crate if you don't know which type of container it is.

Just leving items on the ground is safe and secure.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #17
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by The Merciful:
You do know some of the crates respawn their content, and in the proses delete whatever you may have but in there? So DO NOT store anything in a crate if you don't know which type of container it is.

Just leving items on the ground is safe and secure.
If you look at containers in the Construction Set, the only way to set one to respawn is to also set it as organic. And if a container is set as organic, you can't put any items into it.

So if you can put items into a container, then it's not a respawning container.

(For example, the equipment chests in some of the guilds respawn their contents periodically, but you can't put any items into them: they're set as both organic and respawning.)

[ 02-03-2006, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: DinkumThinkum ]
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #18
intrepidacious
Welcomed New User

Grumpy made a very nice packguar plugin you can download here. Has Grumpy's advanced follow/warp routines and so forth.

http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Packguar.htm
intrepidacious is offline   Reply With Quote