Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #41
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Re: How to deal with a protest (article within)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Still mad about me referring to you as "It", huh?

School is indeed where it needs to be, but do forward those teachers my utmost apologies. They'll know what I mean .
Are you in la-la land again?

I know right, I have been called upon many times to assist the professor's in their student's misunderstandings of curriculum. I had no idea that as a grad student I would have to literally wipe behind the ears of under grads! I spent 23 years training soldiers, many younger than 21, but this is ridiculous, if this is what America has to offer for the future, we are in a serious potential for trouble.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #42
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Are you in la-la land again?

I know right, I have been called upon many times to assist the professor's in their student's misunderstandings of curriculum. I had no idea that as a grad student I would have to literally wipe behind the ears of under grads! I spent 23 years training soldiers, many younger than 21, but this is ridiculous, if this is what America has to offer for the future, we are in a serious potential for trouble.
Speaking of la-la land...
Old 08-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #43
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Last night I ordered a pizza. Yea I am broke but I was lazy. Oddly enough the hispanic gentleman had to call for directions. I am trying to find here http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

where pizza deliveryman is a needed job where we have to import labor. Also I cant seem to find carpenters on the list. Or roofers, drywallers, electricians, plumbers, masons, mechanics, etc. wtf?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #44
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
Last night I ordered a pizza. Yea I am broke but I was lazy. Oddly enough the hispanic gentleman had to call for directions. I am trying to find here http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

where pizza deliveryman is a needed job where we have to import labor. Also I cant seem to find carpenters on the list. Or roofers, drywallers, electricians, plumbers, masons, mechanics, etc. wtf?
I bet Sheriff Joe knows!

Here's one: Under Green Card through job: Afghan/Iraqi Translator

I could really trust that being outsourced!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Last edited by Felix The Assassin; 08-01-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #45
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Now that I think about it, do they booger gringo pizza?
Old 08-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #46
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Nope, not a chance.
I was being sarcastic...
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #47
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
I was being sarcastic...
He was being literal.

And I'm being a snot.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #48
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Whoa. I now see what happens when I post a relatively innocent article. Research is done, and all hell breaks loose.

Do I have to get a babaysitter the next time I create a thread?!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #49
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I am all for tackling the problem of illegal immigrants in this country. I'm all for a closed border. I'm all for a wall.

I'm all for Arizona pressing the issue and trying to force the hand of a federal government that won't do its job (and let's face it, this isn't an Obama failing, it's a failing of every President I've ever known of).

But when a law skirts so close to asking - nay, requiring - that police officers undertake deliberate racial profiling... well, there's a problem with that. I don't want "your skin is brown" or "you look funny" to be reasons for a cop to detain you and ask for papers.

Now, let's be really fair here too, though. There are "haven" areas for illegals, too. So, Arizona is the lone voice in the wilderness on the anti-illegal side, but the whole "federal jurisdiction" things is certainly snubbed by many haven states and cities who basically prohibit their police from assisting in the enforcement of these laws whatsoever.

In Chicago for instance if my wife has an arrested criminal who is charged with a felony and is also an illegal alien -- she CANNOT -- is prohibited from -- calling ICE to turn the guy over.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #50
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

To me, the racial profiing is more circumstance. I know that it could be a problem, and I forsee scandals if/when it does. But what if we had an influx of canadians entering america, and say Washington or Montana passed a similar law?

Would the police target anyone with a canadian accent? Or given the amount of asians in western canada, profile them too? It brings to mind post 911, when racial profiling was a large issue, even though it was considered justified at the time.

At some point political correctness needs to give way to progress. This law isn't anti mexican. It's anti illegal immigrant. And I hate to say it, but maybe mexicans, or those of mexican descent, should keep their papers in their glovebox, as a precaution.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote