Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-26-2003, 11:41 AM   #21
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Luvian, won't they turn off your power if you don't pay? That's what they do here!

I dunno, if I was expecting to be paid by someone and they kept not paying me what I was due, it wouldn't sit well with me! I would understand if they had a major illness, loss of a job or other serious issue, but not if they were avoiding paying me what they owed because their priorities were to buy things like games or such.

My mortgage, insurance, car expenses (so I can get to work!), heat/lights and food etc are at the top of the 'to be paid out' list each month.

LOL! Everyone's complaining about bills and I know I hate paying them too, but let's face it, if you USE the electricity or want to buy the new car/computer/refrigerator etc, you have to pay up!

I can sympathize with having to juggle bills when the cash flow is low, though! I remember having to decide whether to pay the rent or the electric bill a few times as a grad student. Those aren't the days I remember most fondly! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh, I'm not having parties every days. I've had trouble finding a good permanent job recently, so It's been more than 4 months since I last went into a grocery store, and I have to rub my hands together to heat up my fingers because it's winter and I only heat my appartment a few hours a day so that I can save money. Just right now I'm shivering from cold. I turned on the heat 5 mins ago, but it's still extremly cold.

On the bright side my computer is in no danger of overheting.

I can manage to have enough money to pay for rent and internet every month, but I have to juggle between paying my phone bill or electricity bill every months since I lost my last permanent job. They haven't cut any yet because I do pay at least a little money every months and I told them I'd pay up once I get another job. I hate having debts.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:05 PM   #22
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
In fact, I've got a credit agency that just contacted me over a supposed unpaid bill in Syracuse in 2002. Of course, I left in April, and they want to bill me through June. Go figure.
Did you forget to disconnect that service before leaving?

[ 11-26-2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 11-26-2003, 12:19 PM   #23
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Luvian, won't they turn off your power if you don't pay? That's what they do here!

I dunno, if I was expecting to be paid by someone and they kept not paying me what I was due, it wouldn't sit well with me! I would understand if they had a major illness, loss of a job or other serious issue, but not if they were avoiding paying me what they owed because their priorities were to buy things like games or such.

My mortgage, insurance, car expenses (so I can get to work!), heat/lights and food etc are at the top of the 'to be paid out' list each month.

LOL! Everyone's complaining about bills and I know I hate paying them too, but let's face it, if you USE the electricity or want to buy the new car/computer/refrigerator etc, you have to pay up!

I can sympathize with having to juggle bills when the cash flow is low, though! I remember having to decide whether to pay the rent or the electric bill a few times as a grad student. Those aren't the days I remember most fondly! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh, I'm not having parties every days. I've had trouble finding a good permanent job recently, so It's been more than 4 months since I last went into a grocery store, and I have to rub my hands together to heat up my fingers because it's winter and I only heat my appartment a few hours a day so that I can save money. Just right now I'm shivering from cold. I turned on the heat 5 mins ago, but it's still extremly cold.

On the bright side my computer is in no danger of overheting.

I can manage to have enough money to pay for rent and internet every month, but I have to juggle between paying my phone bill or electricity bill every months since I lost my last permanent job. They haven't cut any yet because I do pay at least a little money every months and I told them I'd pay up once I get another job. I hate having debts.
[/QUOTE]wow, you sound like you are in the same boat as us, we do not even have gas on here, even though that is what the heater and stove are on, we use electricity for everything, small heaters, back rooms closed off, and we cook in a microwave, which is only used once in a great while, we have to keep the heaters on because of the kids, they could not handle the cold like adults can
Old 11-26-2003, 12:31 PM   #24
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
quote:
Originally posted by Gab:
Stormy,I understand how you are feeling and I know it sucks. My parents usually expect me to pay for a computer game that I (they pay for enough stuff as it is) and I'm broke right now.

However you can just buy it another time when you have the money. Like I said it sucks but it isn't the end of the world
yeah, it is not the end of the world, but dang it, I have not bought me anything for a long time, and think I deserve something i mean for every new set of clothes I get, my husband gets 5, because he has to have nice clothes for work and it is winter tme now, at least feels like it, and I have nothing to keep me warm oh well, I can always use my big double thick blanket as a coat, think he will get the hint then? [/QUOTE]Wow! You must be like the only family in the world where the woman gets less clothes than the man! Me and my Dad get new clothes probably once a year (I hate shopping and my dad doesn't have time and of course neither of us let my mum buy clothes for us) whereas my mum gets new clothes every month or 2. I still wear my jacket that I got when I was at school! If it ain't broke don't fix it, that's what I go by slightly OT but who cares eh?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-26-2003, 12:57 PM   #25
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

LOL! when we first started dating, I had 2 closets full of clothes, that I never wore, but hated throwing out, because they were given to my by people I cared for, it took me 5 years to get rid of them, but now I have about a half a closet now, my husband even has more shoes than me, he gets a new pair for christmas from his mom, and he buys them for himself twice a year, I have one pair of new shoes, the rest are hand me downs that I wear when I have to, we both wear the same shoe size, so I just borrow his if I want a change
Old 11-26-2003, 01:22 PM   #26
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

LOL you have the same shoe size?! My feet are 7 sizes bigger than my last gf's
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-26-2003, 06:20 PM   #27
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

yeah, he has small feet for a guy, and my feet are a little big for a womans, but it comes naturally, my mom also has huge feet I am not ashamed of it, lol, and it seems my kids will have the same problem, my daughters, who are a year apart, where size infant 7s, and my son wears 10's [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2003, 06:29 PM   #28
Son of Osiris

You know what I recommend? Go find the dude sending you the bills and KICK HIM IN THE NUTS!!!