Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2000, 09:15 PM   #1
Elowin
Welcomed New User

I have explored everything I think and have ended up with around 10 problems/questions that I need some clues on. I'll try to keep it short and simple and elaborate later if need be:

1. I have found 3 monkey idols and placed them in pedistals in the library. There remain 2 empty pedistals that I might assume need 2 missing idols? Where in the world are they?

2. I have made 4 vials of spider egg nectar but have so far found no use for them.

3. I have found two locations with ale kegs--one large keg in one place--but found no use for them.

4. I have a fire poker with no use unless it relates to the incense I put in the brazier?

5. There are two switches on an opposite wall from the closed dragon mouth that has the brazier near it. The switches do not seem to function. Any clues?

6. Another room has 6 doors, 4 switches, and 1 coin slot but nothing happens. If this is a puzzle where are the clues in the game for it? One door area seems much darker then the other 5.

7. I have found the Arcane Prison but he seems blind and won't help unless I show him something relating to my question about the "Inner Circle". I have tried giving him all items and he either refuses them or takes them but then nothing happens. Did the Kerah statue give me something? Did I maybe loose or misplace something?

8. There is a passage leading to a closed gate that I cannot open. Through the gate on the far wall is a switch but I don't know how to operate it from here. Any ideas?

9. In another passage way corner there is a section of wall with a different style brick pattern. Is this a hidden passage and if so how do I open it up? How does one get the Rogue to detect hidden passages and/or open them up?

10. Near the front entrance to the Temple there is a ramp going west down to a closed door. The map seems to indicate this is to the lower part of the central core of the Temple. But how do I open this door? I don't see any switches and I tried the two by the Brazier/Dragon's Mouth which had no effect opening the door.

I ended up with a couple odd items too from previous adventuring:

11. h'Thark's Lockpicks--are they just lockpicks or a special item needed at some point?

12. Omphaaz War Leather--found somewhere--maybe even off someone named Omphaaz the party killed. Anyway, they are restricted--no one in my party of warriors, prist, wizard, and rogue can use them. I sold them to the guy in the armory and, of course, cannot buy them back.

Believe it or not that is the end of the present list. Please use the item number in any comments you can make concerning one or more. Thank you.
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 10:35 PM   #2
Lily the Ranger

Sorry, I was replying and my cat jumping on the key board making my answer disappear!

Cat help!!!

1. See: http://seastop.com/wwhints.htm
2. Spider nectar cures poison but save ONE for the brazier ceremony at the snake head.
3. Ale kegs are to remind you of the things in life you can't have . . . forget about them.
4. If you are sadistic (er, resourceful) you can poke the prisoner for his info and keep his lockpicks.
5. They should open the portcullises on either side of the serpent head.
6. See: 1.
7. See: 4.
8. I don't have a clue.
9. If you were up in a loft area (accompanied by belfry spiders . . . I would love to know what that section of wall does.
10. I think you come out of it later.
11. See: 4.
12. Oomphaz are the elephant race that you may choose as a party member. They can't wear normal armor and you can't wear theirs. Only fair.
Old 12-13-2000, 10:35 PM   #3
tritone

Oh my gawd, your last question alone shows you haven't been paying attention have you? The manual? The character creation screen? No offense intended... I'll answer question 12 first (have to get it off chest) - the Omphaaz is a character RACE (like human, or elf, or ratling) available in the game. Thus, the Omphaaz leather is meant for Omphaaz characters to use.

1. I have found 3 monkey idols and placed them in pedistals in the library...

OK,
1) Monkey idol 1: in the other room, in a chest, next to the spiral staircase near back entrance, that leads to Kreug.
2) Monkey idol 2: in the hands of a "Monkey with Object" - the monkey is released if you pull the lever in the chute room, but it(monkey) may appear in the large room near the 6-door puzzle storage area.
3) Monkey idol 3: in one of the chests inside one of the 6-door puzzle storage rooms.
4) Monkey idol 4: in the kitchen's storerooms, accessed using a lift.
5) Serpent Idol: in an underwater area past either Serpent Holds (near back entrance).

2. I have made 4 vials of spider egg nectar but have so far found no use for them.

They cure poison, but more importantly, one is needed to summon the Naga at the brazier/main altar.

3. I have found two locations with ale kegs--one large keg in one place--but found no use for them.

No use AFAIK.

4. I have a fire poker with no use unless it relates to the incense I put in the brazier?

You can use it to press the button in the brazier near where you found it. You can use it also to poke the prisoner (H'thark) who is also nearby... but since you have H'Thark's lockpicks.....

5 . There are two switches on an opposite wall from the closed dragon mouth that has the brazier near it. The switches do not seem to function. Any clues?

They activate the two protcullises/gates to the left and right. It's not a dragon, it's a big cobra. That area is the main altar.

6. Another room has 6 doors, 4 switches, and 1 coin slot but nothing happens. If this is a puzzle where are the clues in the game for it? One door area seems much darker then the other 5.

Yes, it's a puzzle. Pull certain switches, drop a coin, and one of the doors will open. There are therefore 6 combinations you have to figure out. Well, it seems your missing Monkey Idol is in one of the rooms here.

7 . I have found the Arcane Prison but he seems blind and won't help unless I show him something relating to my question about the "Inner Circle". I have tried giving him all items and he either refuses them or takes them but then nothing happens.

Please see question no.11.

8. There is a passage leading to a closed gate that I cannot open. Through the gate on the far wall is a switch but I don't know how to operate it from here. Any ideas?

You'll probably reach it from another area. I think I know where you're refering to - don't bother, keep going in another direction.

9. In another passage way corner there is a section of wall with a different style brick pattern. Is this a hidden passage and if so how do I open it up? How does one get the Rogue to detect hidden passages and/or open them up?

If this is the one near the storage area, u have to find a button nearby. But don't go in, cos you can't get out (bug). Rogues do not detect hidden passages.

10. Near the front entrance to the Temple there is a ramp going west down to a closed door. The map seems to indicate this is to the lower part of the central core of the Temple.

Look for the lever on the wall. This is the main entrance/exit of the temple.

11. h'Thark's Lockpicks--are they just lockpicks or a special item needed at some point?

Check your journal to see what Gorthius of the Hidden Circle say to you. See question 7.

12. Omphaaz War Leather--found somewhere--maybe even off someone named Omphaaz the party killed. Anyway, they are restricted--no one in my party of warriors, prist, wizard, and rogue can use them. I sold them to the guy in the armory and, of course, cannot buy them back.

You CAN buy them back. Look carefully at the wares cos Omphaaz leather looks like ordinary leather. Anyway, since you don't have an Omphaaz in your party, you don't need it.

Sorry if I sound a bit miffed, cos I feel that if you paid a little more attention when playing, you won't need to ask some of these questions. Play slowly and patiently, and check your character journals for clues too. Good luck.
Old 12-13-2000, 11:20 PM   #4
Elowin
Welcomed New User

I guess if you are going to give me good clues/answers to all 12 questions you can chew on me a little. I wish I had left the Oomphaz out of it--might have stumbled across who they were but I haven't read that section of the docs since I put the party together and plumb forgot about them. I don't think I have happened across any of them in the game either--but as you pointed out I am not good about this sort of detail. As far as the armor goes and since none of my party are Oomphaz the armor shows up as restricted to all 4 races I do use and as such the guy in the armory says something like, "You know that item is restricted", and I CAN'T buy it back--not that I want to now. All the same, thank you for the strength you showed in helping me. I will focus on the Journal again now and start picking up my loose ends in the game.
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 12:55 AM   #5
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

tritone, and Lily too: Now that's a generous post ...

#8 .. yes, that's one of the ways you can come out after you've finished the quest.

#10 I think he means another door. You can't open that door from the outside. You have to jump into the room from above, then get out by opening the door from the inside. It locks again when you leave.

Treasure and monsters in there, but nothing essential to the game.

#4. The switch in the brazier opens a treasure room up near the ceiling.

Lily: I too would love to know where that door in the belfry comes from.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 01:40 AM   #6
tritone

Hi Elowin - nah, I'm sorry about being a little miffed. Had a bad morning here. Now that I've had lunch, I feel kind of bad writing in that tone... anyway, just take care when playing W&W since it is a true-blue RPG. There're lots of details which you can't afford to miss.

And having said all today, I must say the kind people at this forum help me through the Serpent Temple - so many thanks to them too!

Finally - you have no omphaaz in your party? But they're so cool! Ever seen an omphaaz wearing a Wizard's Hat? Or a coolie hat?
Old 12-14-2000, 03:50 AM   #7
carg
The Magister

Darker pieces of wall generally indicate a secret passage. Often you'll end up on the other side later. I suspect it was the intent to open these secret passages from one side (the one harder to reach), but several of them don't seem to work. I've found one such passage in the serpent temple, but via the kitchens and the elevators you can get on the other side (you'll have to get off one elevator half way up).
Even in the asylum there's a wall that won't open, and there are several chests behind I found no other way of reaching them them doing some intricate jumping in the room with the 'open' stairs. (It's the room with water in the middle, a stairs leading up to a higher level in the south, and a higher level in the north which I found no way to reach except with jumping while looking up.) Looking well at these darker parts of the wall revealed two more secret rooms in the crypt, after the kerah statue. These you could open with small buttons hidden by crates.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 09:01 AM   #8
gaunty
The Magister

in the crypt/asylum, before you meet/kill the
first mudman (gee I wish rat eater talks about mudman """"first"""), anyway, there is a few skeletons bones and chanes and a "button" in the corner. the button opens a
bridge over to two cheasts.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote