Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2002, 08:21 AM   #31
Anarion

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Radiant_Memphit, welcome to GD. I'm assuming you haven't been around General Conversation/Discussions much or you'd recognize the Cafe's been around for over a year now.

welcome?? not like i havent been here before... and i havent posted for abour 6 months- a year. my point was why do you have to have 'your' own little discussion post- its that it has to have your name at the top, and infact 'be' yours. dont start being condecending or whatever- i post on forums alot and i just remembered this one- thats why ive started posting again, its that when people start to set up their 'own' chats or suchlike, to a greater or lesser extent they are trying to make themselves feel more important..

anycase ignore the ramblings if ya want, im just feeling a bit grumbly today... :

Old 10-07-2002, 08:23 AM   #32
Anarion

[quote]Originally posted by Melusine:
Quote:
Originally posted by Radiant_Memphit:
[qb]i likr the way that this bloke is so arrogant he neds his own little chat empire with his name (cloudy) all over it.

cant you just call it 'chat cafe' or something else.

Maybe you should stick around for a while and observe how this forum works before you start to make assumptions about things you don't know about.... just a suggestion [img]smile.gif[/img]
i joined ages ago. no need for any more ''sticking around' methinks.

Old 10-07-2002, 08:29 AM   #33
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
quote:

Radiant_Memphit, welcome to GD. I'm assuming you haven't been around General Conversation/Discussions much or you'd recognize the Cafe's been around for over a year now.

welcome?? not like i havent been here before... and i havent posted for abour 6 months- a year. my point was why do you have to have 'your' own little discussion post- its that it has to have your name at the top, and infact 'be' yours. dont start being condecending or whatever- i post on forums alot and i just remembered this one- thats why ive started posting again, its that when people start to set up their 'own' chats or suchlike, to a greater or lesser extent they are trying to make themselves feel more important..

anycase ignore the ramblings if ya want, im just feeling a bit grumbly today... :
[/QUOTE]Oooooh, handbags! (j/k)

Cloudy's cafe is just a place for chit chat that doesn't fit in anywhere else. I guess it's Cloudy's because a long long time ago we didn't have anywhere for off-topic ramblings and she likes a natter (as do many of us) so she set this place up and has kept it in check over the last year or so. ie. she does all the work to stop us getting out of line. So why shouldn't her name be in the thread title?

And don't get miffed at people welcoming you, they're just being friendly, no need to bite
Old 10-07-2002, 08:32 AM   #34
Anarion

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Oooooh, handbags! (j/k)

Cloudy's cafe is just a place for chit chat that doesn't fit in anywhere else. I guess it's Cloudy's because a long long time ago we didn't have anywhere for off-topic ramblings and she likes a natter (as do many of us) so she set this place up and has kept it in check over the last year or so. ie. she does all the work to stop us getting out of line. So why shouldn't her name be in the thread title?

And don't get miffed at people welcoming you, they're just being friendly, no need to bite
[/QUOTE]i as jokeing jokeing jokeing jokeing jokeing about the welcome bit....

and as i said its just a bit grumpy for me today...

Old 10-07-2002, 08:38 AM   #35
Epona
Zartan

Horatio, sounds nasty mate. There are some weirdos around, glad you're OK. Was coming up the A27 yesterday on my way back from Brighton [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img] - pootling along in the left hand lane, middle and right hand lanes empty, one arsehole whizzed straight past me at 80 leaving about a 6 inch gap between his wing and my crashbars. I nearly shat myself, what a bastard. It wasn't as if I was going that slowly either, about 60 at the time, and there was plenty of room to give me more space. Don't they realise that the draught they cause at high speeds makes you wobble all over the fecking place at that proximity?

Melusine, nice one!

Cloudy, how's it going girl? Haven't been online much recently so a lot of catching up to do! I've racked up over 250 miles in the last 8 days, been going all over the place, making the most of the good weather we've been having. 75 mile round trip yesterday, my throttle hand aches after riding for that long! But nice to see the sea, loads of people down on the coast making the most of the sunshine before winter sets in. How's Jim? Has he started his courses yet? Settled in OK?
Old 10-07-2002, 08:40 AM   #36
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
i as jokeing jokeing jokeing jokeing jokeing about the welcome bit....

S'alright mate, I was being lighthearted which is why I put in the
We all have grumpy days, hope things are looking up for you soon! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 08:42 AM   #37
Anarion

Quote:
quote:

We all have grumpy days, hope things are looking up for you soon! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]its just the ole 'back to uni'. y'see i needed a weekend off after only the first two weeks...

Old 10-07-2002, 08:51 AM   #38
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]its just the ole 'back to uni'. y'see i needed a weekend off after only the first two weeks...
[/QUOTE]Blimey, I know the feeling (only about work not uni). What are you studying?
Old 10-07-2002, 08:54 AM   #39
Anarion

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Blimey, I know the feeling (only about work not uni). What are you studying?
[/QUOTE]geology/ocean science. its hard going to start with...

Old 10-07-2002, 09:09 AM   #40
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
geology/ocean science. its hard going to start with...
Sounds very interesting but quite technical! I did archaeology/history part-time a couple of years back while working full time. Some science stuff in there and a little geology & geography, but mostly getting mud under your nails! Good fun tho.