Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 07:54 PM   #1
Mellagar

Well I started a new game with my elf and made him a kensai. Unfortunately the game never made it beyond Irenicus' lab when I discovered my character couldn't wear ANY armor. So after being killed for the umpteenth time I said enough is enough. Is there any good parts to a kensai besides the fact he needs Nike shoes to out run big monsters chasing after him? Can he eventually wear armor?
Old 07-16-2001, 07:55 PM   #2
Bonk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah

------------------
Fear is the Mind Killer.
Old 07-16-2001, 08:09 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Ok I soloed a Kensai through the game so I can tell you straight up it isnt that hard let me give you an example of what my kensai from bg1 as well was like near the end.

Str 21 tome in bg1 and evil path
dex 20 tome bg1
con 19 tome
int 18 tome
wis 9 yes I know a bit of a dissapointment
Cha 11 ok hes not very friendly but with items it goes to 23.

His thaco was -20 mainhand -18 offhand varies due to weapon. On average about 30-40 damage a hit.
His Ac is your problem ok with 18 dex the base is 4 ring of Gaxx brings it to 2 ring of protection+2 brings it to 0,cloak of the sewers down to -1 and there is an Iou stone brings it to -2. Now here comes the hard bit the item juggeling ,arly in the game you can these next items the various belts of piercing bluntness and golden(slashing) which will lower you AC versus these weapons so if someone attacks you with arrows girdle of piercing goes on to bring your AC versus the arrows to -6 or so the cloak of displacment will lower it again so its not that hard.

The Kensai is devestatingly offensive you ust have to manage it right, if you need more help ask. Oh yeah he dosnt wea armour but as I shaowed you he dosnt need it.

------------------
Old 07-16-2001, 11:39 PM   #4
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

There is one item that I believe is essential to the Kensai: The shield amulet. This casts the level 1 mage spell shield on the user for five turns. It sets base AC to 4, and + 2 AC vs. missle. With this active, Kensai AC bonus, Ring of Gaxx, Cloak of Protection + 2, Ring of Earth control, and Ioun Stone you can get down to -8 AC.

The amulet can be found relatively easy from the Fighter's stronghold quest. It has around 50 charges, and can be sold/re-bought cheaply to recharge it.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 07-17-2001, 04:43 AM   #5
Istaron
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Ok I soloed a Kensai through the game so I can tell you straight up it isnt that hard let me give you an example of what my kensai from bg1 as well was like near the end.
??? There are no kensais in BG1

Mellagar -> Have High Dex and High Const. That should do the trick

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 07-17-2001, 10:39 AM   #6
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

He probably meant that he imported his Fighter and made him a Kensai (btw, same thing I did).
One of the perks is you can make a human fighter with all 18th in physicals and Int and very low wisdom and charisma. At the end of the game that fighter will have 19 Str, Dex, Con, Int, reasonable Wis (from 3 books) and some charisma (4?) Then you can dualclass him into a mage (I plan to do this on level 13). Now you have an awesome fighter who can cast Ghost armor on himself, plus mirror image, blur, improved inivisibility, stoneskin, haste, fireshield, Tenser's transformation, what more can you ask for? 19 int means NO LIMIT of spells in the book/level