Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-15-2001, 03:43 PM   #1
Istaron
Banned User

Am I the only one being disapointed with the Sphere?
I was hoping on some castle/tower, with lots of bookshelves and stuff. I don't want to put books and scrolls in chests To get the real role playing-feeling.
I mean, who had expected to be sleeping on the floor with the dungeon-fmv when getting a home? this sure sux

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 07-15-2001, 04:25 PM   #2
ArchDruid_V
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well to truly get the feeling you need a normal game not a pc game settle with what you have....for now.....

------------------
-=Onyx=-
Old 07-15-2001, 05:23 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

I know what you mean.
1) The Sphere is broken and will never travel through dimensions again.
2) It will cause severe problems to the property values in the Slums district (not that much high-dollar property is there to begin with).

It's only value lies in the fact that it is a tesseract.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....

[This message has been edited by Azred (edited 07-16-2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 08:06 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I love Mages but why oh why does their stronghold suck so much, Rangers have the best one or possibly Bards.

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 09:40 PM   #5
The X
Dungeon Master

The thief guildhouse might have been the best but only if there's more subquests rather than the two sucky ones. As for the Sphere, it looks more of a dungeon to me than anything else.
Old 07-16-2001, 04:24 AM   #6
Starkiller
The Magister

man it sucks. A mages stronghold is their sanctuary of knowledge and magic. For a powerful mage it should house their laborotory where they dabble in golem and potion creation, and enchant items and weapons. Their library where they desipher ancient texts, and compose spell formulae, and their study, where they contemplate the inner working of the deeper secrets and items of magic, and unlock their power. The stronghold may even be the place where the mage gathers their resources to cross that threshhold of power and become a lich. Planar travel is another function that would serve a mage well in their quest for knowledge and power. Hmmm...Then I enter the abysmal lair I have been provided...I can't place my finger on it but it seems a bit...lacking. I think I have finished all the quests (just did the one with the guy who hates Cowled Wizards, hope that doesnt really spoil since most people seem to hate the cowled wizards anyway) and all I see is some guy making potions in the corner. They are not even very good. Where is my laborotory? oh, there it is, I have a golem building book...funny, WHY CANT I BUILD GOLEMS? oh well...Its not like the sphere is ever in danger that the one guardian I DO have will ever be protecting me from. And, I mean, throw me a freakin bone here, the darn thing could at least WORK. No, while that brutish fighter gets a fully financed keep, and the title of lord, effectively owning the lives of everyone in a small town, I get a large round globe, and angry looks from the neighbors for destroying their houses. But please, just tell me one thing. What exactly does that cowled wizard mean when he says he will allow me "use" of the Planar Sphere in exchange for services? Has anyone thought about that? WHAT EXACTLY IS "USEABLE" ABOUT A TWENTY TON PAPERWEIGHT?!!

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 07-16-2001, 06:33 PM   #7
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

I am a Great Druid now
I don't think i get any money from this title. How would you like it if all you were in charge of was a bunch of trees 12 hours away from civilization?
Old 07-16-2001, 06:41 PM   #8
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

The thief S/H was a big disappointment. I thought it would be good and it started kinda promising but went rapidly downhill. You refer to two quests, you mean the ambush as one and the pickpocket problem as the other....right?

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:15 PM   #9
The X
Dungeon Master

( Might be spoilers)

Damn right it is. I was hoping to have more assignments as a junior guild leader aside from giving assignments to those lackeys and making sure my choices of their assignments would make enough to pay the tribute which happens to due in every 5 days!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 09:25 PM   #10
Gustave
The Magister

Don't start complaining until you get a paladin's "stronghold."