Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2002, 03:35 PM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Hmm, you can also just try to download the official patch from BioWare, in case it is a bug. I dont recall the URL from the top of my head, but Dundee probably knows.
SoA Official Patch
ToB Official Patch

After you get the official patch, get the relevant Fixpack from Baldurdash.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 07:29 PM   #12
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Heck, if it's a bug as simple as this, I wouldn't see anything wrong with cheating your way out. Anybody know the area code for the Temple District Sewers?
Old 06-18-2002, 05:55 AM   #13
Radek
Red Dragon

It IS a bug. I've read about it somewhere before. The door from the beholder lair in the Unseeing Eye quest does not open and nothing helps - killing the Unseeing Eye, cleansing the lair, locpicking, waiting, etc. Try the patch. Also, check Baldurdash (http://members.home.net/mrkevvy). Baldurdash is a fantastic site offering bug removers for BG2.
Also you can teleport anywhere out of the lair by means of the console - not only to another place in the sewers. A quick check of my data: Waukeen's Promenade AR0700.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:07 PM   #14
Riverwind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just new to the forum and also stuck in the Unseeing Eye quest. I talked to Gaal, got his key, talked to Sassar (or something like that), went down, passed the bridge, talked to the diseased ones and encountered the Emphatic Manifest. I should obtain a rod from the altar:

- first on the altar i cannot find a rod. Did i miss something?
- second: how to kill that Manifest. He remains "Near Death"
- third: i read something about a rift device to kill the beholder? Are the manifest and the beholder the same? Where can i get that rift device?

- fourth: what about the secret door that won't open, just in the area next to the sarcophagus.

Anyone ?
Riverwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 05:50 PM   #15
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Riverwind:

- first on the altar i cannot find a rod. Did i miss something?
* You'll have to kill the Manefestation to get the Rod.

Quote:
- second: how to kill that Manifest. He remains "Near Death"
* Listen to what he (and the Diseased Ones) said: He feeds on hate and suffering.

Quote:
- third: i read something about a rift device to kill the beholder? Are the manifest and the beholder the same? Where can i get that rift device?
* The Rod is 1/2 of the Rift Device. You need both halves. Take the 1st half to Sassar and he'll clue you in about the 2nd half.

Quote:
- fourth: what about the secret door that won't open, just in the area next to the sarcophagus.
* This is the buggy door that Bubasti is having a problem with. There's no way to open that door on the way DOWN, but after you've been through the last part of this quest the door is supposed to open easily when you're on your way back UP.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:13 PM   #16
ronan
The Magister

heal the emphatic manifestation and all will fall into place