Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
Vedran
Lord Soth

I'm stuck in the 2nd year. I've seen Meche (the girl you're chasing) on that boat and now I need tools and a union card to board the ship. I've been all around the Rubacava and did everything I could, but now I have to go back to that hotel I'm running. The problem is - I can't find it. I've been looking for it a week now. I wasn't sure if I have to go back there and I was so desperate that I looked it up in some walkthrough on the net and my suspicions were confirmed. However, I still can't find it.

If anyone played this and can remember how to go back there, I'd be very grateful and, more important, relieved.

Thnx to everyone who helps.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Damn, I played that years ago. It made me nuts, I've just about beaten the second year and I've found that my next year CD is broken. Naaarrgh!
Anyways, I can't exactly remember where you are or what you need, but I cna remember where I had a problem in the second year. Something about that guy in that trailer with that dude inside. Something's there, and I can remember because I spent frikkin weeks there looking for what I'm supposed to do. Can't remember what it was.
Anyways, you can try some online walkthroughs, there's bound to be something there.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Damn, I played that years ago. It made me nuts, I've just about beaten the second year and I've found that my next year CD is broken. Naaarrgh!
That's weird. Because I had to switch to CD 2 when I finished the first year.

Quote:
Anyways, I can't exactly remember where you are or what you need, but I can remember where I had a problem in the second year. Something about that guy in that trailer with that dude inside. Something's there, and I can remember because I spent frikkin weeks there looking for what I'm supposed to do. Can't remember what it was.
I didn't quite get your point here. Perhaps I will later (if I don't go insane over circling the town and delete the game).

Quote:
Anyways, you can try some online walkthroughs, there's bound to be something there.
I don't really like using walkthroughs, especially not for adventure genre, but it seems I'll have to go for one of them.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Woah, it has been a long time since I played/finished twice Grim Fandango. I may actually need to play it again sometime. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You mentioned that you knew where the path to the hotel is. Are you having difficulty getting into it?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:13 AM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

No, I have no idea which way to the hotel. I found that blue something hotel, but I can't find mine...
Old 06-19-2005, 04:04 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

IIRC, go to the right of the 'blue something hotel'( the one with all the beatniks right?), go up some stairs, go up a slope and turn right to your hotel.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:02 PM   #7
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Is it the blue casket?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:00 AM   #8
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Finished and lended to a friend. He lost it and I am feeling very nostalgic about this great adventure game.