Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2001, 07:06 PM   #11
Bahra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes Scott I read your post.. may be my next choice. I assume you're doing the same stats allocation as the beserker/cleric ?
I'm curious as to how high Charismia really needs to be.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:12 PM   #12
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

lower your charisma to 3, and boost all the other stats to max. the ring of charisma boosts you to 18, and even if you don't have it, you can get a npc with high charisma to lead the party. Its a useless stat.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:12 PM   #13
Desuma_Malevois

What did I say in my previous post about "left-handed, red headed rangers dualled to buttkicker"?

There are very few classes/class combos in BG2 that truly suck. It all depends on how you play them. Every class/combo has advantages that will be useful in certain situations; for example, you'll be very thankful for the berserker's immunity to Imprisonment spells while raging when you face certain spellcasting liches that throw them around like Magic Missiles. The point is to find a character that you'd like to play whose special abilities you can use effectively. I've tried more character classes than I care to think about - I'm currently playing a Blade - and I've had fun with all of them.

Mike

Old 09-26-2001, 08:05 PM   #14
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahra:
Yes Scott I read your post.. may be my next choice. I assume you're doing the same stats allocation as the beserker/cleric ?
I'm curious as to how high Charismia really needs to be.
Charisma will help get you lower prices in the shops, give you favorable conversation options in some encounters, and help keep the party from breaking morale if their hit points get really low, so it's not entirely useless; however, as floyd indicates, there are workarounds.

Mike

Old 09-26-2001, 11:51 PM   #15
ScottG
Drow Warrior

What floyd said.

Charisma almost never offers any dialoge choices (I can think of only one time where it did and the ring fixed that).

It does not get you a lower price in shops - that is based on your reputation level which is attributed to your alignment at first and then altered based on quests (usually positivly) you perform & killing good npc's (negativly).

Use the same stats if your playing Berserker/Cleric. A Ranger/Cleric will be different and I havn't acctually figured out what I consider to be the optimum dual-to level. Additionally the prof. points would be diff. as well because the Ranger will only allow up to specialization (Not Grand Mastery), however the wepons would remain the same for the same reasons (Crom, Flail of Ages).

If you want the ultimate char. to go to TOB with then I have a different suggestion:

Seriously think about getting BG1 and TOS expansion 1st and go with an Elf multiclass Fighter/Theif. Not only will you get extra play time (which ends far to quickly), but you will also be able to up the stats (w/out a Shadow Keeper precursor) via tomes found in BG1 & extras in TOS. Whats so great about this combination for TOB?, well once you reach 3 million exp. points, in SOA or TOB (and you have TOB installed w/ SOA), you begin getting special ablities to choose from. In paticular for you theif special abilities is use any item, assasination, & spike trap - from fighter is greater whirlwind. The most intresting is the use any item ability which allows you to acctually use any item - of paticular note is that your Fighter/Thief can now use ANY SCROLL and thus can cast very powerfull magic. Obviously w/ this knowledge you will need to stock up on scrolls & cash (for scrolls) in SOA. Just a suggestion.
Old 09-27-2001, 12:00 AM   #16
ScottG
Drow Warrior

BTW, I have found a few classes/kits that do suck.

The druid that gets a 2 point stat reduction in your major fighting stats & also a mage slayer that isn't later dualed to a theif for the use any item ability. (If that mage slayer had 3 points magic resistance per level then it would be a worthwhile class.) Also the mage kits and the beastmaster kit are not paticularly worthwhile either.
Old 09-27-2001, 04:38 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

berserker/cleric, good taste, you can solo with it
Old 09-27-2001, 04:43 AM   #18
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

You can solo better with a beserker/ thief , but this one will do great as well btw Welocme (250, where are your manners? )

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 09-27-2001, 04:48 AM   #19
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
You can solo better with a beserker/ thief , but this one will do great as well btw Welocme (250, where are your manners? )

He ain;t gots them
He3 ain'ts mature

------------------
I am Rikard T'Aranaxz

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club

The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's

Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 09-27-2001, 06:43 AM   #20
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottG:
It does not get you a lower price in shops - that is based on your reputation level which is attributed to your alignment at first and then altered based on quests (usually positivly) you perform & killing good npc's (negativly).
One small point - a high CHA does get you better prices in the shops - it's just not documented in the rulebook. Try this. Make a 10 CHA character your party's leader and talk to a shopkeeper who sells an expensive magic item. Note the price. Then make an 18 or better CHA character your party's leader and note the price of the magic item. It WILL be significantly lower. This is a very good time to use the 1st level "Friends" spell.

Mike