Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-25-2000, 05:42 AM   #21
Armisael

'zactly. I still don't understand why so many people hate her. Damn useful, and nowhere near as annoying as everyone makes her out to be.

Old 11-25-2000, 01:07 PM   #22
Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I find that Jaheira is annoying. While i was in the Underdark, she had a rant at my character's lover (Aerie), and then got petrified by a beholder. We were Drow by this time. After Aerie cast stone to flesh, she complained, and left for the Harper Hold. When we eventually got out the Underdark, i got her back, but she had another complaint, saying how could i cast her aside. I had a right mind to leave her there, but she is a damn good charcter. Shame i had to kill that Silver Dragon without her.
Old 11-25-2000, 08:39 PM   #23
Armisael

She never complains that much for me. Worst thing she ever said was "You mustn't let yourself get so wounded, Aerie." I always have to reload if someone gets petrified; it causes an annoying bug on my game, where I get stuck in an endless loop about them leaving the party. I've never dropped Jaheira from the party, either, so I don't know what she says about it. : P

Old 11-26-2000, 12:19 AM   #24
[twisti]

I always hate these self-righteous harpers, so I ditched Jaheira as soon as I freed her (I mean, as soon as I left the dungeon. Opening a Cell and let her go for all the evil alone is not what I'd consider 'freeing'). After all, she is an old mate and stuff, so I weren't to let her down in Irenicus dungeon. But these harper folks makes me feel sick. I hope Jaheira is happy with them. After all, she lost her mate and has the right to be a non-stop-complaining-machine. But please, dear, please annoy someone else, yes ? Thank you. Goodby.

To get back on thread, the funniest thing I accomplished was hitting the black dragon with the Staff Of Wonders (after lowering his saves/resistance with some spell stuff). The Staff Of Wonders sometimes does boring things, but this was a charge that really gave me a laugh: Mr. Evil Black Dragon turned into a Squirrel !

After that, I summoned some monsters, and let a wild dog finish him off. After that, I hit space and called my friend to bragg about how easily I defeated the last dragon. I had to reload, because the squirrel hadn't any loot, but it was worth it.

ps.: After the reload my Monk killed him with one hit of quivering palms. Lucky day, I guess. But I'd liked it better if they had used the handbook for quivering palms, a Black Dragon is not exactly what I'd call 'human-sized'.

Old 11-26-2000, 12:51 AM   #25
Armisael

Jaheira leaves the harpers to continue following you somewhere along the storyline. After that, you get attacked by several Harpers for treason, until eventually... well, I won't spoil it for you. Good incentive to put Jaheira in your party.

Every time I use the wand of wonders I end up worse off than I was beforehand, so I sell it as quickly as is humanly possible. And it is a bit strange that the monk can use quivering palm on a dragon. It's supposed to cause some sort of vibrations in whatever it hits, which can then cause instant death, yes? At any rate, I'm certain it wasn't supposed to work on anything as big as a dragon.

Old 11-26-2000, 02:02 AM   #26
BaatoRyan

Havent you guys heard of those pressure points or somethin? The monk knows those points and thus can kill with a single blow. It doesn't mean that you cant apply it to dragons coz they have their own points... on which the monk knows? I like Jaheira, and I don't. Since I have Viconia, well... you get the picture. I trying this single multipayer game, and I have an archer by my side! Its coo, but I have again this overabundance of party members! Hey, www.teambg.com is acting weird...

Old 11-26-2000, 02:16 AM   #27
Armisael

You'd need a pretty bloody tall monk to hit a dragon's pressure point.

Old 11-26-2000, 10:51 AM   #28
[twisti]

In the first edition, quivering palms was restricted to on time per week, and targets who ain't immune to crit. hits (like golems and other constructs)and don't have mor hit dices then the level of the monk.

In the second edition, this was further restricted to human-sized enemys.

Eigther way, it shouldn't work on a dragon. Well, perhaps on the little fairy dragon your mage plays around with

Old 11-26-2000, 06:06 PM   #29
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

what happens if you give the real eggs to phare in the underdark? Is it as much fun as giving her the fake eggs and watching her get killed?
Old 11-26-2000, 06:22 PM   #30
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Hello I just learnt how to do this so i am testing it out.