Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 04:17 AM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

How many of you killed all the "Gorror" monsters? and what was your worst monster you find out in the wilderness? LOl i only could kill 3 of the "Gorror`s" so they was wery challanging to beat! I also find that "Godzilly" that you find in " The Greater Wilds" wery hard to kill!

[ 07-11-2002, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 05:44 AM   #2
Valantur
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree with you about the Godzilli. It took always a long time to kill one so it had the chance to get through with one of its devastating attacks.
Some of the Gorror Monsters seemed to be to tough for my party.
I never killed the fiend of 9 worlds, because he always hit me and it did not take him long to kill the whole party.
I also never killed the Beast of thousand eyes. I don't remember why it has been so hard apart from its many hit points.
I've slain the rest of them although that brainwashing worm took me some time because the silence spell didn't always work and the battle lasted very long.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
Megabot

Quote:
I agree with you about the Godzilli. It took always a long time to kill one so it had the chance to get through with one of its devastating attacks.
Some of the Gorror Monsters seemed to be to tough for my party.
I never killed the fiend of 9 worlds, because he always hit me and it did not take him long to kill the whole party.
I also never killed the Beast of thousand eyes. I don't remember why it has been so hard apart from its many hit points.
I've slain the rest of them although that brainwashing worm took me some time because the silence spell didn't always work and the battle lasted very long.
Yeah i agree Valantur that "rat" or "Mouse" Fiend of 9 Worlds was a pain in the ass but i killed him after 15 round`s i had a lot of hiding" potions but i had only 2 character in live after the horrible battle LOL! and i think i tried about 10 times before i killed him and i get the "Excaliber" sword from the chest behind him to, i knove the things in the chest`s is random but i got it on my first try! lol! and my fairy Ninja used the "Cane Of Corpus" on him and that helped a lot i can say you!

But "The Thing From Hell" i killed in 3 rounds because i used the spell: Deadly Poisend" on him and he get down easy ha ha!

[ 07-11-2002, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-11-2002, 09:46 AM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Fiend of 9 worlds was a piece of cake compared to beast of 1000 eyes. I remember I was quite young when I played wizardry 7, and I beat all monsters there, but I had to reload ALOT I remember.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:35 PM   #5
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
How many of you killed all the "Gorror" monsters?
I killed them all with each party, if i found enough keys.
Three were quite easy (one was laughable), three were quite hard.

Against the three hard ones, a normal party had 3-6 deaths (but usually they were resurrected before the fight ended.

With my solo ninja faerie, they were nothing. Just stood there for several rounds in the open, resting, until i finally got hit.
Then attack - one critical hit left, one right, and they were gone.

Quote:
and what was your worst monster you find out in the wilderness? / ... / I also find that "Godzilly" that you find in " The Greater Wilds" wery hard to kill!
Yes, Godzilly were hard to kill, but not that dangerous ...
They hit hard, if they hit, but they hit very rarely. Summoning low-level allies (4 moths for a level 1 create life) helped a lot. A Godzilla has to stomp each of them individually to kill them.
But Godzilly were hard to hit, and nearly immune to magic. I had fights which lasted that long that the monster fell asleep after many rounds.
At least they granted many XP. The experience requirement in Wiz7 was linear from some point on, and a pair of godzilly gave one level for each character (or 7 for the solo)

Another quite dangerous monster was the Myxlmyx (sp?). Not that many HP, but a cunning spell caster IIRC.

The toughest enemies IMO were some kind of worms. Don't remember the name, but they too appeared at this spot in the greater wilderness. Always 5 groups, always 7-9 monsters per group, and most of them breathed acid every round. And had quite a lot of hit points; IIRC i needed about 6 successfull level 7 nuclear blasts to kill them, or lots of melee rounds.

[ 07-11-2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Wereboar ]
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 01:21 PM   #6
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

What about those t'rang assasins? Pretty tough I recall.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:04 AM   #7
Megabot

Quote:
The toughest enemies IMO were some kind of worms. Don't remember the name, but they too appeared at this spot in the greater wilderness. Always 5 groups, always 7-9 monsters per group, and most of them breathed acid every round. And had quite a lot of hit points; IIRC i needed about 6 successfull level 7 nuclear blasts to kill them, or lots of melee rounds.
Yeah i remeber those blasted worms thingie`s to they was blue i think and allvas in group for about 8-9 so they was really nasty LOL!

But the worst maby was those down in the room before "Tomb Of The Astrale Dominae" those "bot`s" meckanical robots that was yellow lol i think i level up 6 or seven levels in this BIIIG rom! BTW it is from those i got my "Nic name" from to! lol

[ 07-14-2002, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]