Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2002, 12:04 PM   #1
Deathbringer

This is where you can tell everyone your most memorable Multiplayer moments!

I'll kick start it...

My mate and I played Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries year’s back, and he said he could take me out using the weakest mech! I naturally laughed in his face and used one of the best mechs. when we started, I immediately when on a hunt, but I couldn't find him. I looked everywhere... Eventually I accidentally bumped my mouse and my mech leaned over to see my mates mech down at my feet. It was no bigger than MY Mech's foot! I laughed at him as I stepped on him blowing him up hehe .
He then vowed to destroy me. I laughed again, knowing full well that his pathetic lasers wouldn’t harm me. I once again went on the hunt... looking for his respawn. Once again I couldn't find him. Then from nowhere a tiny mech fell from the sky and landed on my face, blowing up my cockpit and making me explode! It was his turn to laugh...
By the end of that game, we had both fallen off our charis with laughter!

I have another...

I remember when a few mates and I played doom1 cos we were bored, and the frags went over 250 each! I remember I was exhausted, physically and mentally, for a solid 3 hours, BFG blasts had turned my momentarily respawned Doom-guy to toast. Other respawns popped in, only to be instantly slammed in the face by a rocket. Die, respawn, die re-respawn! haha In that game you could respawn five times and fail to move an inch before being blasted to oblivion. Ahh... a multiplayer moment never to be matched.

So what are yours?

[ 07-21-2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-21-2002, 12:32 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Forcing an opponent to use his own Probes to destroy his Nexus in a game of Starcraft if he wanted me to ally victory with him.

Defeating a combined fleet of 36 Carriers from 3 players with my 12 Carriers and 2 Arbiters in another Starcraft game.
--------
There was this one game where it was 3 people versus 5 computers. We were hanging on an edge, but the computer was exhuasted as well. We were all out of resources, then I suddenly had an idea... I told my friend to use his Shuttle to ferry his Probes across a nearby river to harvest minerals from the last mineral patch on the map. We could not walk there because the path was blocked by the computer's static defences( Bunker, Sunken Colony and a Spore Colony).

It was agonising, but he finally harvested enough to research Mind Control and merged his last two remaining Dark Templars. We knew there was a Battlecruiser around and I comsatted to search for it. Battlecruiser found, his Dark Archon entered his Shuttle and flew on a safe spot near the Battlecruiser's location.

The next few seconds were terrifying. The Battlecruiser was above a Bunker and there was a Science Vessel next to it. As his Dark Archon approached the Battlecruiser, the Science Vessel started flying towards the Dark Archon. We all held our breath as he Mind Controlled the Battlecruiser just before the Dark Archon got EMPed. Then the bunker started firing on the Battlecruiser and he just managed to fly the ship out of danger.

This was the turning point. We were now in possession of a Battlecruiser. It had 9 Hp left and was blind( I had optical flared in an earlier confrontation), but it had Yamato Cannon.

Using the Battlecruiser, we destroyed the static defences blocking the path along with the aid of an Archon( he continued harvesting using the Shuttle method). The path free, my last SCV and our ally's last SCV scampered to the mineral patch as our Command Centers flew over.

The next scare came in the form of the computer's last Queen. No longer protected by Missile Turrets, our SCVs were sitting ducks for the Queen. As I was the nearest, I was screaming inside my body but mortification turned to relief when the Queen for reasons unknown to me, decided to parasite my SCV and brooded our ally's SCV instead! Celebration was short though, as my SCV was now under attack from two broodlings. Luckily, my friend's Archon saved my SCV's butt, and from that one SCV, and his probes, we built one last army and defeated the computers( never have I built so many Ghosts...). Our ally could only observe though, but he chose not to quit which was fortunate because we WON!

The entire game took four and a half hours.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:44 PM   #3
Deathbringer

ah starcraft, Dundee. What a good multiplayer game. One question though, why didn't the player who was protoss research mind control above all other things. Once you have that, protoss are hard to kill as you can take over enemy workers and biuld their biuldings. You probably knew this allready but owell. Sounded like a great game!

Has anyone played Unreal Tournament??
I remember a friend of mine was being a jack@ss so I shot a BFG at him, but for some very strange reason, the missile didn't blow up when it hit him. Instead it stuck to him and carried him through the sky and into oblivion hehe . I can remember the look on his face and his screams of "nnnoooo noooooooo! I cant move!" as this rocket with a man stuck to it flew through the air. It was Hilarious!

[ 07-22-2002, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-21-2002, 01:02 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
ah starcraft, Dundee. What a good multiplayer game. One question though, why didn't the player who was protoss research mind control above all other things. Once you have that, protoss are hard to kill as you can take over enemy workers and biuld their biuldings. You probably knew this allready but owell. Sounded like a great game!
It is forever enshrined in our memories as that game. As to why, that will be because my friend is a Zerg player. He was only trying out Protoss that day, and I was a bit upset when he could not get the concept that his Reavers and my Bunkers do not mix well... ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2002, 01:13 PM   #5
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
quote:
It is forever enshrined in our memories as that game. As to why, that will be because my friend is a Zerg player. He was only trying out Protoss that day, and I was a bit upset when he could not get the concept that his Reavers and my Bunkers do not mix well... ... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]hehe.. I see

Old 07-21-2002, 01:14 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I was playing MP Icewind Dale with Galadria, Micah Foehammer, and Azred. We got to the back of the cave of the burial Isle, but we had to run the gauntlet of Wights, Drowned Dead, and Wailing Virgins. We were out of spells, potions, and all wounded. We couldn't rest. So, we decided to just run out of there. I put on my Boots of Speed, Galadria's dwarf took a potion of speed, andoff we ran, past all those monsters. It took us three tries, but we finally made it out, intact. Gal's dwarf was the fastest. She always got to the exit first. Somebody said, "I've never seen a dwarf go like that," LOL.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:20 PM   #7
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

What a good thread topic!

My most memorable moment would have to be when i was okaing Diablo 2(Lord of Destruction)with my best friend on closed battle.net. We were in the first area of act 5 with a full game(meaning there were 8 people), and out of the blue i asked him to go to Homecoming(homecoming is a big formal dance if you didn't know) with me . Everybody just got quiet and Mikey said"sure, that'd be cool"
That is definatley my most memorable moment [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2002, 01:24 PM   #8
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:

My most memorable moment would have to be when i was okaing Diablo 2(Lord of Destruction)with my best friend on closed battle.net. We were in the first area of act 5 with a full game(meaning there were 8 people), and out of the blue i asked him to go to Homecoming(homecoming is a big formal dance if you didn't know) with me . Everybody just got quiet and Mikey said"sure, that'd be cool"
hehe.. great time to bring that up . Ask him to the dance then chop off his head with your mighty sword!

Old 07-21-2002, 01:34 PM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

The lich in the Gate District (Baldurs Gate II) suddenly changing into Biff the Understudy on one of my friends' computer while the lich was still around on the other players' computer comes to mind...

[ 07-21-2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 07-21-2002, 01:38 PM   #10
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:

hehe.. great time to bring that up . Ask him to the dance then chop off his head with your mighty sword! [/QUOTE]LOL, actually at the time he was playing his lvl 86 hammer barbarian and i was playing my lvl 95 fire sorceress. He probably could have wooped me easy [img]tongue.gif[/img]