Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 05:24 AM   #31
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:

I'd have to add Craig McLaughlin to the mix - shocking cover of 'Mona'
I think you mean 'Mony Mony' Original recording by Tommy James & the Shondells in 1968. Brilliant track, yet another to be massacred by a bad cover version, Craig McLaughlin has been on my hitlist ever since.... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

(In case anyone hasn't realised yet, bad covers of great songs is one of my pet peeves... and yes, I am a mine of useless 60s music trivia)

EDITING TO ADD: Tommy James also did the original of 'I Think We're Alone Now' which was covered exceptionally hideously by Tiffany a few years back. She's also on my hitlist...

[ 09-13-2002, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 09-13-2002, 05:37 AM   #32
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:

I'd have to add Craig McLaughlin to the mix - shocking cover of 'Mona'
I think you mean 'Mony Mony' Original recording by Tommy James & the Shondells in 1968. Brilliant track, yet another to be massacred by a bad cover version, Craig McLaughlin has been on my hitlist ever since.... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

(In case anyone hasn't realised yet, bad covers of great songs is one of my pet peeves... and yes, I am a mine of useless 60s music trivia)

EDITING TO ADD: Tommy James also did the original of 'I Think We're Alone Now' which was covered exceptionally hideously by Tiffany a few years back. She's also on my hitlist...
[/QUOTE]No I think he means 'Mona''.

Worst cover version: Rolf Harris 'Stairway to Heaven'. Why has he never been prosecuted for that crime.

Great cover version: Billy Idol 'Mony, Mony'
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-13-2002, 06:31 AM   #33
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
No I think he means 'Mona''.

Worst cover version: Rolf Harris 'Stairway to Heaven'. Why has he never been prosecuted for that crime.

Great cover version: Billy Idol 'Mony, Mony'
Touche, caught me out Donut, I'm only half awake today! Of course you are right! (Was listening to Tommy James this morning, had song stuck on my brain and I'm easily confused)
Billy Idol didn't do bad with that one, he's let off. Comments about Craig McLaughlin still stand but with regard to 'Mona'!
Status Quo did an uninspiring cover of Mony Mony.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:49 PM   #34
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
[]Yes that's not a good name. "The Y fronts" wasn't much better. Poor Craig. I met him once did you know? He'd seen the Doors song I did, and was bemoaning how Sony were releasing a demo song of his as the released version.

I heard it and it was the best thing he did, but the worst seller.

Did you know Moff produced him at one point?

Rock the rock...etc is possibly one of the lamest lyrics I've heard.

Do you remember when he played against (against, not with...) Tommy Emmanuel on TV, and came out shredding?

Ah well.

Now, Delboi... do you remeber FATAAAAAL DELAY (and BATMAN COLA!)
BATMAN COLA??Nay. Who were they?!

But ah yes Fatal Delay! Fatal Delay! Fatal De - Laaaaaaaaaaaay!

Donut!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:54 AM   #35
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

you have not heard bad covers until you've heard klaus nome.he's bad,REAL BAD!