Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2001, 01:21 PM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sorry Ertai, I'm not sure if this belongs in User Created Polls or not If it does, would you please move it over there?

Who is your favorite NPC in BG1 and why? This refers to whether you like his/her character, etc. not how good s/he is in your party (Heck, you can choose Biff the Understudy if you want! But if you do please say why). I'll have to think about mine, will edit the post to put him/her in later.
Replies please!

EDIT: I'm for Jaheira. Talk about initiative and courage. That's someone who takes her destiny into her own hands and doesn't whine about it, and I admire that. She can just be a bit annoying when you have rep20...
------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-04-2001).]
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 02:56 PM   #2
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

Minsc, hands down favorite. I find most of the NPCs very iritating. I use multi-player and create four of my own. I then take Minsc and his gal. Minsc's dialogue is by far the best. This time through though, his HPs are pathetic. He has the lowest in the party. My mages have more than him! My dwarven tank has 109 hp. He's awsome.

------------------
Baruk Khazad! Khazad Aimenu! The axes of the dwarves! The dwarves are upon you!
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 03:30 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

I like Kivan - in the end he has really low THAC0, around 3 or 4 with a decent longbow.

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB
Old 10-04-2001, 03:35 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Xzar and his compatriot are rather interesting. Minsc has a wonderful line in repartee, and he has his outrageous attemtps to engage the enemy, no matter how unwarranted the situation may be. In fact, the more unadvantageous it is the quicker he runs. (Why won't they do as they're told?)

If it wasn't the fact that I personally feel obliged to play a (reasonably) good party, I would have kept Xzar and...friend...on the team all the way. Just for novelty value. That way I could of had Viconia on the team. Drow are too useful to leave out.

So Xzar I guess. It's a shame I can't remeber the other chap's name. It'll probably come to me after I finish posting. It's on the tip of my tongue. Honest. Look, see...aaaaahhhhhhh. See I told you.

BTW Have you got the random HP generator off in your game Telchar? I've always found that Minsc (and Khalid) are absolutely pony. PONY! Hit points are always bad for these two, as well as the fact that neither could hit water if they fell out of a boat. Sorry Kaz. I've strayed from the topic.

Montaran. Am I right?
------------------
Making running away an art form

[This message has been edited by Lord Brass (edited 10-04-2001).]
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 04:26 PM   #5
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Dont worry Kaz, it belongs in here !

About the poll itself, i dont think i have a favorite. there are some funny characters (Noober, Biff the Understudy , Mr.Shade, Perdue...) but i dont have a real favorite. i like Gorion too (awesome casting speed )

------------------
"Captive, captive... captive in heaven" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 10:08 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'll vote for Coran on this one, though of course I like Minsc too. Gameplay-wise, Coran is the God of the Longbow, and a great Thief to boot. Personality-wise, I like his voice set, and how he loves romance, luck, and adventure. Only one flaw: Man, his picture's ugly. 16 Charisma and he gets THIS for a portrait?

(You CAN change the NPCs' pictures in Single Player, by going to your Portraits directory and renaming 2 of them to 'CoranL' and 'CoranS.' I just don't have any that look like an Elven Fighter/Thief with high Charisma.....)

And I want to strangle Alora. Each time I hear "Ha! Skip to it!" or "With a smile!" I feel the strangest twitching sensation in the palms of my hands......
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 04:35 AM   #7
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I'll vote for Coran on this one, though of course I like Minsc too. Gameplay-wise, Coran is the God of the Longbow, and a great Thief to boot. Personality-wise, I like his voice set, and how he loves romance, luck, and adventure. Only one flaw: Man, his picture's ugly. 16 Charisma and he gets THIS for a portrait?

(You CAN change the NPCs' pictures in Single Player, by going to your Portraits directory and renaming 2 of them to 'CoranL' and 'CoranS.' I just don't have any that look like an Elven Fighter/Thief with high Charisma.....)

And I want to strangle Alora. Each time I hear "Ha! Skip to it!" or "With a smile!" I feel the strangest twitching sensation in the palms of my hands......
Ah yes. Can anyone explain to me why I don't have a portrait directory? I tried to load some new portraits and noticed this.

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 06:47 AM   #8
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I always liked those "we are better then thou" characters. Why ? Because after their speech i ussually pound them in the dirt.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 08:39 AM   #9
Attila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"Butt-kicking, for goodness" i love this response from Minsc, he is undeniably one of the most lovable Npcs in the game. But my absolute favorite, are those 2 goofballs, cant remember their names but they are the 'fastest dart throwersin Faerun'. They are sooo funny, and absolutly ridiculus. And boy can they throw darts!
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 10:13 AM   #10
Garnet

Kaz

You must first create a new folder named....Portraits. Then you can load all of them you'd like and it works like a charm.

Garnet