Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 11:49 AM   #11
Ares

Actually, I've had something like that happen to me.

Traveled to Waukeen's Promenade to meet with the leader of a different Shadow Guild (for the thief stronghold), they show up.
At the same time, I'm ambushed by the Kensai/Mage who comes after Celestial Fury (part of a mod) and also 6 random guys (Shadow Druid/Fighter/Wizard Slayer/Conjurer/Beserker/something else). Also, the leader of the Cowled Wizard enforcement agency shows up when I cast stoneskin as part of contingency.

Needless to say that was a hell of a battle, I wont it though..albeit 30 minutes later.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:59 AM   #12
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

As always, Dundee rules with his posts. About strange encounters.... I had Jaheira called.... well, by her friends in the middle of Temple Riun dungeon, where she was absolutely critical for my low-level party [img]smile.gif[/img] Yet I did survive, ut from that moment on tried to complete all such quests BEFORE going out on some major trip [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #13
Userunfriendly
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Dundee, that was pure poetry. Surely you must have achieved some higher state of awareness.
(Anyone quoting Airplane! will be glared at.)
"So, Haer'Dalis...have you ever been inside a Amnish prison???"

(thank goodness for spell turning...bounces glare rays right back...)

you forgot the worst part, Dundee...right at that moment Jan decides to tell you about his nephew Dufus Jansen...and his goat like habits...

---------------------------------------------------------

Jan: You know, dear sweet lass, those idiots remind me of my nephew Dufus Janssen. He was poor laddie, the most backward gnome you would ever meet. He would try to drink beer with his ear, because he kinda had problems when he was a child with his Mr. Turnip Head. Poor laddie always got the mouth and ears confused. Anyway, he and his Brother Bart Janssen, poor laddie was about as backward as Dufus...got into their noggins the notion of being bandits! So they got some dwarven platemail, and started robbing people on the Trademeet road. Now you understand that to a fighting gnome, the best target against the taller races is the knees and feet and toes, right lassie? This is why the traditional gnomish warcry is "Your knees are mine!!!" Poor Dufus and Bart never did have a way with words, so they would shorten the war cry when they robbed people. So they became "The Gnomes who say Knee!"

Nalia: Urm, so what did they steal? I mean I don't remember any reports of bandits along the Trademeet road recently...

Jan: Well, Dufus, I told you he was backwards, didn't I, lassie? Well, he somehow developed a taste for ornamental flora. He used to resemble a goat when he started to chew on evergreen trees and small bushes. So he and his brother demanded shrubbery from their victims. Poor laddie, it finally did him in. He died happier than a dung beetle in a dragon lair when he hijacked a huge shipment of shrubbery imported from tethry for the Jesslev estate. Sad story...
Jansens aren\'t as harmless like everybody supposes! <br />They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses! <br />And what\'s with all the turnips? <br />Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway? <br />Jansens, Jansens,<br />It must be Jansens!!!<br />(or griffins!)
Userunfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:00 PM   #14
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Heh... Two very amusing posts. Keep it up [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #15
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Dundee, that was pure poetry. Surely you must have achieved some higher state of awareness.
(Anyone quoting Airplane! will be glared at.)
Don't call Dundee Surely =C)
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:35 AM   #16
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

That's funny, I thought it [the "wrong address" banter] went:

PC: "Oh, hi, is this the House of Kangaxx's Torso?"
Shangalar: "No, this is the Twisted Rune. You want next door."
PC: "Oh, sorry. Thanks."
Shangalar: "No problem."
two minutes later....
PC: "Hey, sorry to bug you again, but he's got a sock tied to his doorknob. Mind if we just wait here until he's not busy anymore?"
Shangalar: "Sure, we're just watching the playoffs. It's BYOB, though."
PC: "That's cool, Korgan brought some."

Dundee, you forgot the Githyanki ambush on the list of Bad Things to Happen. Although, come to think of it, you can't get Kruin and the Vampires in the same chapter.....but you CAN have Nalia get abducted right before you need her.

But, the funny thing is, even if you DO get waylaid by 6 groups at the same time like that....all you have to do is have everybody drink one of the Potions of Invisibility that every party member should keep permanently stored in their third Quickslot, for situations just like this. Amazing how that one little move immediately turns the tide in your favor.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:48 AM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
That's funny, I thought it [the "wrong address" banter] went:

PC: "Oh, hi, is this the House of Kangaxx's Torso?"
Shangalar: "No, this is the Twisted Rune. You want next door."
PC: "Oh, sorry. Thanks."
Shangalar: "No problem."
two minutes later....
PC: "Hey, sorry to bug you again, but he's got a sock tied to his doorknob. Mind if we just wait here until he's not busy anymore?"
Shangalar: "Sure, we're just watching the playoffs. It's BYOB, though."
PC: "That's cool, Korgan brought some."
I was adapting according to CerebroDragon's situation. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Dundee, you forgot the Githyanki ambush on the list of Bad Things to Happen. Although, come to think of it, you can't get Kruin and the Vampires in the same chapter.....but you CAN have Nalia get abducted right before you need her.
The theme here was "They All Wanna Kill Me". Hmmmm... come to think of it, let us throw in Haldir as well.

Though whether he will survive the crossfire is debatable. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
But, the funny thing is, even if you DO get waylaid by 6 groups at the same time like that....all you have to do is have everybody drink one of the Potions of Invisibility that every party member should keep permanently stored in their third Quickslot, for situations just like this. Amazing how that one little move immediately turns the tide in your favor.
The comedy is in the tragedy, as you yourself very well know.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote