Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2004, 11:42 AM   #11
faiden
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have played a few games from other countries that showed biased torward thier equipment etc. If it is biased its not like US is the first or last to have a manufacturer to do this. What manufatureres we have left in the borders.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:08 PM   #12
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by faiden:
I have played a few games from other countries that showed biased torward thier equipment etc. If it is biased its not like US is the first or last to have a manufacturer to do this. What manufatureres we have left in the borders.
I especially get a kick out of the Japanese racing games where the only fast cars are... you guessed it... from Japan.

"Yea... my 2000 hp Honda Civic just smoked the crap out of a Modena and a Diablo, those cars are such crap!"

"Dude... the civic sux 2, you need to get you one of them Jap. Spec. Tercels, octal turbocharged 2 liter BTG2.3f engine upgrade and the cool neon underbody lights... that car is the shit!, I eat Vipers for lunch with that badboy!"
Old 05-14-2004, 12:12 PM   #13
faiden
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That is one of them i was thinking of as well lol.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:21 PM   #14
Jorath Calar
Harper

Okey I apologise for my allusions(?), I got a little carried away and like Johnny says (the voice of reason as always [img]smile.gif[/img] ) it's just a game.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:29 PM   #15
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

What is this freedom thing I hear about so often these days? Can anyone let me know? And while you're at it, I'm curious about what 'terror' is too...

Cheers in advance [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2004, 04:15 AM   #16
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
What is this freedom thing I hear about so often these days? Can anyone let me know? And while you're at it, I'm curious about what 'terror' is too...

Cheers in advance [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
This "freedom" has something to do with fries IIRC
Old 05-15-2004, 05:46 AM   #17
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

I can see it both ways.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:37 PM   #18
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hm.. the US in the alternate reality from the game was not ruled by a cruel dictator before the Russians came. Nor where the Russians planning on leaving in the near future.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:22 AM   #19
Ironbar
Manshoon

Americans not religious extremists - pot calling the keetle black!

Americans not killing their own people - have you heard of 'friendly fire'?

I am still amazed by the American retreat from all things french. If it wasn't for the french you would still be under british soverienty. Have you heard of Montesquieu?
Old 05-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #20
arjen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think that there are iraqi-freedom fighters that dont want an islamic state, try to imagine what it must feel like to have a foreign country occupying your land. They might tell you that its better for them, that you are bringing freedom, but just to give you an example: the germans said those same thing to all the western european countries they invaded. They said they came to establish a new era in history and that they came to 'help' those countries a bit on their way. Point is: as soon as you are occupied by a foreign country, you cant help but feel the future is no longer in your own hands...