Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
nwnrogue
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I noticed that if you have a Ring of Harm on you it gets stripped when you log off and come back into the Inn again

Given that sometimes you don't necessarily have control of when you leave the server (client locking up, network problems, server maintenance etc), might it be an idea to just have a Ring of Harm with a limited number of charges and not strip it off you when you log in again?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

My want of Hellball did the same disappearing act last night .
Old 02-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

It is to keep players from "hoarding" terrifyingly powerful and unbalancing items. Please note, it only really works on one of the two items mentioned. I will explain.

The Wand Of Hellball only appears once, so the only way to have multiple incidences of the weapon is... well, it is not even possible. Since the spell "Hellball" is epic and does such a gross amount of damage, that item was one of those scripted to be removed every time you came into the server. (Not sure if you can find it in Hordes Of The Underdark.) There is a Helmet you can get which gives you ONE usage of Hellball per day, which is why that Helmet is not removed from your inventory whenever you come back into the server.

The Ring Of Harm, unlike the Wand Of Hellball, can be purchased multiple times. So even if you lose one Ring, if you have picked up three or five of them, you do not have to fight your way back down to Level Twelve in order to get it again. I should know. I have three satchels filled with them. Since Harm only affects one character at a time, I figured that's why you can buy a few of them in one shot. (I need to start using those rings again on particularly tough foes...) Five times per day usage isn't bad for 230k in gold. And they are a lot easier to find than scrolls of Harm.

It has been suggested a few other items be added to the "strip script" at the beginning of the game. Things such as the Hand Of Bane and other singular quest-completing items (such as the drow priestess' ring, Vestaki's necklace, and the demonic artifact) would probably go onto that pile of "items to be removed" eventually.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Harm and Hellball together can solve any problem in Undermountain.

I confess, I have used them together a few times (shame).

It is the easy option. Perhaps because of this the server seems set to delete items that carry these spells when you log back in.

All you can rely on in the end is the basic build of your character,
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

No problem for me...

Note: You can buy several wands of hellball, all at the same time, from a couple of merchants. Meph has at least one, and the guy merchant, on lvl 13 has two. Meph may also have two, but I haven't been paying that much attention. The main strip target, I believe, for the Harm ring was the one found in the cozy bed by one of the Ancient Black Dragons on 12, it had multiple uses per day, and was being "abused" at the time.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote