Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 07:17 PM   #1
Fighter Joe
Welcomed New User

The planes sphere where u have to kill the demon thing and get it's heart..... i've tried over a dozen times and keep dying!!!! any tips?
Fighter Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:18 PM   #2
Fighter Joe
Welcomed New User

Plz help me someone!
Fighter Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:27 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

A cloudkill kills all the imps on contact, or fireball. Dont try any spells like flame strick and dont even try melee try to use all the magic ranged weapons you can and the best spell to use is magic missle and lower resistance. Your druid or cleric should summon all the animals r undead he can to keep him busy but they will go down easy, and if you can take his attention off one of your characters then simply send in a tank and hack. I dont know his resisteces but i rember magic missle always worked and flame strike didnt, also lightning bolt worked too.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:31 PM   #4
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Big Hint.

You are IN HELL.

A place of GREAT FIERY BURNING.

There is a reason fire DOES NOT WORK.

As for ways to kill him, cast Protection From Evil, Defensive Harmony, get some Free Action somehow, and have some highly enchanted weapons. Use Holy Smite if possible, Bolt of Glory works as well.

Good luck!
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:44 PM   #5
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Spoile
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
After you kill Tolgries you get the ring of ram......USE IT!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 08:47 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

#1 asset: Free Action. That Paralytic Gaze is a bitch, since once you get Held, the Demons (and any allies he might happen to have nearby) get to take free potshots at you, and they'll always hit. And yes, they ARE smart enough to go for the party member who's helpless.

#2: Potion of Invulnerability. You don't need to be immune to Hold if you can guarantee that you'll make your Save.

#3: Mirror Image and Stoneskin. Since nearly every Wizard has these, as a last resort you can have somebody tank himself up and go melee a Demon. Even if he gets Paralyzed, the Demon won't be able to get through his defenses before the Hold wears off or you kill the Demon.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:54 AM   #7
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Concentrate all of your attacks on the demon - the imps and mephits are just a minor threat and can be mopped up afterward. It takes at least +2 weapons to harm the demon, perhaps even +3 (I forget).
Old 02-25-2003, 10:17 AM   #8
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Balors need +3 enchanted weapon or greater to be hit (Aegis-Fang,Rifthome Axe +3,Azuredge Axe +3, Stonefire, Battle Axe +3, Frostreaver, Battle Axe +3, Flail of Ages +3, Club +3: Blackblood.. ect ect) there are enough weapons in the game that can hit them.

Tanar'ris also need +3 enchanted weapons or greater IIRC.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:17 AM   #9
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
#1 asset: Free Action. That Paralytic Gaze is a bitch, since once you get Held, the Demons (and any allies he might happen to have nearby) get to take free potshots at you, and they'll always hit. And yes, they ARE smart enough to go for the party member who's helpless.
You sure that Free Action stops the Paralytic Gaze? I thought the game classified it's effect as Stun, and not Hold. I'm quite sure that my people still got stunned with Free Action on when I fought the Balor in the Underdark, and I'm definitely sure that Free Action doesn't stop the Mindflayer's stun ability.

[ 02-25-2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 02-25-2003, 12:47 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Free Action will prevent Stun. Potions of Free Action though... will not.

Use the Cleric spell, Free Action, or the Ring of Free Action. These two are the best.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote