Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 04:48 AM   #41
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

[img]smile.gif[/img] I would love to see some more helmets that show the facial features that you have chosen or the hair you have chosen instead of completly surrounding your head.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #42
StigTC

A helmet with Freedom and True Seeing, that's it, no armor bonus or other fancy things like that.

Unfortunately the only helmet that I've found with those two feats, also has a penalty of 100% extra damage from cold.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:34 AM   #43
nwnrogue
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another way to try to restrict items to monks would be to restrict wearer alignment to lawful - you can't have lawful bards and rogues are pretty unlikely to be lawful, and difference of alignment is the toughest barrier to UMD.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #44
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Still, all in all, unless said bard/rogue is going unarmed, the attack/dmg bonuses are useless. If they are using any kind of armor, an armor bonus on them would be negated, depending on the armor bonus, anyway. My initial point was simply that it's not really worth the effort to attempt to make them "uber" class restrictive.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #45
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I agree with Mozenwrathe that monks seem to be underpowered now.

I like the build, well I make most of my stuff around some levels of monk, but the problem is that while builds which are mostly monks and work with unarmed strike can survive anywhere (AC can be pushed to three figures with the equipment available) they cannot cause much damage at the lower levels of Undermountain.

Bigger gloves for those going the Dex route or heavy duty kamas for those who want to go Monk/Fighter/Weaponmaster are one solution.

Gloves, bigger gloves, better gloves......

Think I had better stop there.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #46
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Greything:

Bigger gloves for those going the Dex route or heavy duty kamas for those who want to go Monk/Fighter/Weaponmaster are one solution.

Gloves, bigger gloves, better gloves......
You mean like these?

"Mittens of Appalling Softness +12 [on hit morph to lickle ickle bunny], with string so you don't lose them........"

(Sorry, but UV's mittens are just so darned amusing )
Old 02-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #47
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've taken the tablets and I feel a lot .... calmer .... now.

If the mittens come with a built in nose wipe then I may be able to cope with them.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #48
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

No, I'm afraid the built-in nose wipe is a trademarked item and thus unavailable to us for use.

Still........
Old 02-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #49
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C, whom I do listen to when he speaks despite my chaotic ways and means:

[img]smile.gif[/img] I would love to see some more helmets that show the facial features that you have chosen or the hair you have chosen instead of completly surrounding your head.
Tried to handle that issue. There is only one helmet that allows for it, and that is the circlet/tiara motif. There's not much to it, as it just adds a few new coloured lines to the head of your character. I have made two helmets with that design and I will attempt to make a few more in the weeks ahead for Ziroc to peruse. Right now I have no idea what is going to be included within Level Fifteen and the new stores coming up, so your request might already be on its way.

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC, whom I am glad to see posting in here more often:

A helmet with Freedom and True Seeing, that's it, no armor bonus or other fancy things like that.

Unfortunately the only helmet that I've found with those two feats, also has a penalty of 100% extra damage from cold.
I think I did something like that already with the circlet graphic. I will see about making another one, but I cannot guarantee it won't be part of a new set. It'll depend on the mood I am in. I do like the idea though of a "simple and effective" helmet, but I always tend to spruce them up with something else. Mayhaps a bonus to wisdom and dub it "Circlet Of Divine Thinking." Not really certain, but I am sure something will come to me when I return from my trip out of town (to fix someone's computer).

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard, who is as usual a source of knowledge when it comes to the gaming engine we are working with here:

Still, all in all, unless said bard/rogue is going unarmed, the attack/dmg bonuses are useless. If they are using any kind of armor, an armor bonus on them would be negated, depending on the armor bonus, anyway. My initial point was simply that it's not really worth the effort to attempt to make them "uber" class restrictive.
Duly noted. I may make the next sets of gloves I have for "Lawful Alignment Only" to lean towards the Monk class, but most of the gloves I have created recently were listed "Monk Class Only" to begin with. You have a strong arguement with how gauntlets with attack bonuses are really only good for Monks to begin with unless other merits are on them (such as bonuses to Wisdom and Charisma).

To Garnet FalconDance and UV:

I am not making those gloves, those slippers, and definitely no new set of pyjamas. Not going to happen. Not by me at least. *shivers* I may attempt to construct even more slingstones (though I am sure I sent some into Ziroc a long time ago) and a few more shuriken styles. I am leaving darts and daggers alone for the time being as Ziroc makes perfectly fine ones without my mucking around with them. And yes, the weapon for your Goth set was in fact a longsword. Maybe I should have made it into a rapier or a dagger, but I stuck with your longsword idea.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #50
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

weapon models I would love to see if at all possible...

====
====

- the dao, also known as the dan dao (Chinese broadsword - used by the character Prince Zuko in the series "Avatar: The Last Airbender")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dao (look under the sword type)

would probably be best within the scimitar series. perhaps if one could shrink the falchion models by a third, they would fit nicely there. that, or in the bastard sword series. (heavily leaning towards the scimitar series, given there is another curved weapon that is more like the bastard sword there)

- the tachi, which is a longer and older version of what eventually became the katana. I would love to see these in the bastard sword series. (take the katana graphic and extend it by around 25%)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachi

- the Ōdachi, which would have similar graphics to the nodachi but be shaped slightly differently. (not as desired as the dan dao to me, though.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōdachi

- the dadao, similar in shape and form to the falchion, but not as large as they made the falchion in NWN. probably best in the bastard sword column, if anywhere. the currently available jian serves well enough in the longsword series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dadao

- that sword that Cloud has in Final Fantasy VII. I know there are graphics for it out there already... *dreams* and have that as a regular greatsword? please? would be nice... (a character named Momochi Zabuza from the anime/mange Naruto has one, but it is called a zanbato for some strange reason.)

- and I forgot if we have both the naginata and the nagamaki available to us already here.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote