Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 07:42 PM   #11
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

I'm truly sorry and am on my best behaviour now. *shamefaced look* I really appreciate you guys too! ~hugest huggles all around~ And am thankful that you're here to show me the guide-lines. Thankiees to you wonderful, generous, giving and absolutely wonderful ppl! ~blows kisses to all the amazing Mods~
Old 02-05-2002, 08:19 PM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I have to say thanks to all of you here. [img]smile.gif[/img] It is often the case that a decision is made and someone disagrees, but cannot understand that we do our work here FOR Ziroc at his request and for no pay, we are volunteers who care a great deal for Ironworks.

Mods and Z want this place to be a fun, safe place to interact with each other. Now if I were to walk into my neighbor's house and in front of her 11 yr old start cussing and talking about oral sex with my girlfriends do you think she'd like that much? Yes, that last bit is what was going on the the Angel thread (among other things) and it is definitely NOT appropriate to the Ironworks forums as Ziroc chooses to run them. My neighbor would have kicked me from her house and never let me back in! Ziroc has that option too and for the most part he rarely has to make such a call, but I see more people willing to push things to the limits and I'm saddened by this.

This thread makes me feel a whole lot better. Sometimes mods feel like they aren't appreciated for helping to keep this a good place to post for the vast majority of the members. This thread is proof some do care and do notice. Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

What are you on about Cloudy?? Mods just wanna be Mods so they can boss other members around and act like kings/queens! They are mostly power-hungry egotistical maniacs
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-05-2002, 08:29 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:

I'm truly sorry and am on my best behaviour now. *shamefaced look* I really appreciate you guys too! ~hugest huggles all around~ And am thankful that you're here to show me the guide-lines. Thankiees to you wonderful, generous, giving and absolutely wonderful ppl! ~blows kisses to all the amazing Mods~

I did get your e-mail on this, Eternity, and you're fine, dear. [img]smile.gif[/img] Cheers!

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-05-2002, 08:30 PM   #14
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

What are you on about Cloudy?? Mods just wanna be Mods so they can boss other members around and act like kings/queens! They are mostly power-hungry egotistical maniacs

ohhhhh ~outraged~ You bad bad bad baby! ~smack~
Old 02-05-2002, 08:40 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

*thwacks Unca V from here to eternity and back again.*
Old 02-05-2002, 08:44 PM   #16
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:

*adds third strike to Cloudy's tally* you're goin to jail missy!
Old 02-05-2002, 08:47 PM   #17
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

quote:

*catches Vas and regrets smacking him so hard* ~kisses Vas better~ *grynz* heehee ~then hands him back to Cloudy~
Old 02-05-2002, 08:47 PM   #18
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Amazing! I believe I finally found a theory suitable to Moderating that I wanna pass on to you all. This just now occured to me while I was taking a wonderful, hot shower. Okay...I can best explain my theory in an example...better than I can any other way, so here it goes. All characters and scenes are imagined...Please read all the way to the end, as I tie up my thoughts only then:

LarrydaLoon is a new member on Ironworks. He comes to the General Discussion forum and begins to meet everyone. Before long, he has read a few posts and has seen that many opinions and cultures exist here, and he is excited to begin posting his own thoughts...but then learns that Memnoch does not like apples. Well, LarrydaLoon loves apples and wants to explain why...but before doing so, learns from what he thinks he sees, and thinks that he understands...if you have an open disagreement with a moderator here...you get punished for it quickly. So, LarrydaLoon does not post about his love for apples.
Soon, he sees another Moderator, Larry_OHF, posting his strong belief in Christianity, and it appears that if LarrydaLoon was to voice his own interest in the Ferret God Morphi, he would be in trouble with the Moderators. And he ain't even gonna ask what OHF stands for...he heard in a PM from a newfound friend, little bugger, that asking would get him in trouble.
Finally, there is a big debate about The Lord of The Rings. Everybody is posting their dislike about the movie. LarrydaLoon would not dare post that he enjoyed it, because Sazerac just now posted that this was the worst movie in this century! Since LarrydaLoon sees that the majority of the vote is in favor against the movie, and that nobody seems to have liked the movie, even the moderators...he will not post, thus becomes tired of this site, and leaves, never to return.

What I have tried to portray here is that I have been too opinionated on issues, and I have seen no other Moderator speak so adamantly about a given topic, unless it dealt with board regulations or such. I have heard that A moderator should remain Neutral as much as possible, never taking sides in an argument...because what happens is that the some posters will get scared away from posting. If I was a new poster, and knew that most of the posters on here beleived in Christianity...but I didn't, and wanted to share my views...I would have the good feeling that after I posted...the moderators would give me fair chance to post my views, and not let anyone flame me becaue of it. If I thought that the Moderators would turn their attentions away and let everyone bash me for my views, because the Moderators only allowed the Christian side to win...I would not bother posting.

So, now I understand what Neutrality is. It means that I do not openly state my opinion and seem only to agree with the Christians, for example, on the board...but I must show every new member that I encourage them to post their non-Christian beleifs...and I will not supress them..
That is the key, I think. I will not suppress you, for your viewpoints, cause I, (a Mod.) disagreeing with you is scarier than a normal poster doing so.

Now...everyone...Have I stated this theory clearly and correctly? Have I gone off the point, or made an untrue assumption?
It is now your time to teach me, as I eagerly look forward to your opinions on this.

Is this what a Moderator's Neutrality means?

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 02-05-2002, 08:49 PM   #19
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:

*catches Vas and regrets smacking him so hard* ~kisses Vas better~ *grynz* heehee ~then hands him back to Cloudy~

Oi(handing me back)! *Thinks this is a conspiracy between the ladies*
Old 02-05-2002, 08:52 PM   #20
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Larry...your theory doesn't apply to me....I don't care if my opinion is the complete opposite of all moderators....I have a right to post it and damn well will (well guess you lot know that about me alread [img]tongue.gif[/img] )