Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2001, 10:08 AM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Post were a lot happier and friendlier you say?

I cannot remember having more fun on this forum then during the Rollplaying Forum Wars
There's a reason why Evil Smiting is still seen as one of the best posts there were
Well, Rikard, maybe some people may see that as "enjoyable", but I for one do not. I'm glad the boards are as they are now.

I can assure you that when I first arrived at the Wizards and Warriors forum, had there been that type of posting going on in there, a lot of us regulars would have scattered. The fact is that the Wizards and Warriors board, even back in the old "blue board" days when I arrived to it in November last year, was one of the most positive, upbeat, friendly boards, and it became one big happy family...so much that none of us migrated over to GD until GD came and found us (well, a certain "welcome wagon" did!)

I'm not disputing the validity of what you're saying, Rikard, and if it was all in joke, that's fine...but I don't think that level of posting would go over very well with the heterogeneous population of IW members we have now. I for one think it's an improvement.

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 10:17 AM   #22
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Edited for decency

I dunno I think maybe this is like way back when the forum began even before you were there cloudy, it just seemed like everyone had something against everyone else back then.

Then I must've came in at the right time...

------------------

get away from my homepage
Old 08-24-2001, 10:20 AM   #23
Rikard

The language indeed has improved
However that it's so much more friendlier now i do not know
It seem a bit forced in my eyes
You have to be friendly or you'll be misunderstood
When somebody makes a joke directed towards someone it has to be stated clearly before people understand while that in the old board was part of the rollplaying game
And people sometimes get flames for their use of language now-a-days
That's one of the reason why there are so few of the old BG1 forum are left

Maybe, and this is an idea that just got to me
It would be good to make some sort of "Roll Playing" Forum where people can be characters going on a holy war and "fighting" eachother with the insurence it is only rollplay
This however does requere a very strong character as Mod like Memnoch

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-24-2001, 10:25 AM   #24
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well Sazerac, the old days maybe have been a bit blunt, I´m newer tha memnoch, but mostly the flaming and smiting back then was an invitatio to have som fun and smite eah other in a friendly yet,combustional way!

How it was before that the grapgic gif wars and OHF battlesongs everywhere I don´t now..

However, we flamed each other with style and various spells and cursings that was pretty .. friendly.. after awhile

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 08-24-2001, 10:29 AM   #25
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well Sazerac, the old days maybe have been a bit blunt, I´m newer tha memnoch, but mostly the flaming and smiting back then was an invitatio to have som fun and smite eah other in a friendly yet,combustional way!

How it was before that the grapgic gif wars and OHF battlesongs everywhere I don´t now..

However, we flamed each other with style and various spells and cursings that was pretty .. friendly.. after awhile

Wolfie We are a Lord Soth
well you won't be after 2 posts
Howcome you have more posts then i do

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-24-2001, 10:34 AM   #26
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I enjoyed those wars as well. It gave us a chance to almost play an online game of words. It was very exciting.
I remember taking the thief's side against Jerome, who was a bossy paladin at the time, and I wrote some funny stuff! Nobody offended me, though I had things shot at me. But those long past times were when there were but a few of us, and the board was more personal. Now, with so many people from so many walks of life, we cannot get to know every single person on here like we used to, and therefore, we do not know how far we can go with a joke. Rikard was a crazy man, back then!

(Hey Rikard...do you ever feel like an old grandpa, telling children a story of myth when speaking about our ancient days??? I do.)

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-24-2001, 10:36 AM   #27
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

just lucky perhaps note that wolfgir have one more to go...

------------------

get away from my homepage
Old 08-24-2001, 10:36 AM   #28
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I enjoyed those wars as well. It gave us a chance to almost play an online game of words. It was very exciting.
I remember taking the thief's side against Jerome, who was a bossy paladin at the time, and I wrote some funny stuff! Nobody offended me, though I had things shot at me. But those long past times were when there were but a few of us, and the board was more personal. Now, with so many people from so many walks of life, we cannot get to know every single person on here like we used to, and therefore, we do not know how far we can go with a joke. Rikard was a crazy man, back then!

I'm Not a Crazy Man (MAN!!!!!!) anymore??????
Quote:
(Hey Rikard...do you ever feel like an old grandpa, telling children a story of myth when speaking about our ancient days??? I do.)
eh
Do you????

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-24-2001, 10:39 AM   #29
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

To Master Rikard:
Excuse my inferior manner of speaking, your Lordship.
I did not mean to offend.
May the the Dark Side prevail!!!

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-24-2001, 10:45 AM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:

Maybe, and this is an idea that just got to me
It would be good to make some sort of "Roll Playing" Forum where people can be characters going on a holy war and "fighting" eachother with the insurence it is only rollplay
This however does requere a very strong character as Mod like Memnoch

Strong mod? I'm just being me.

I wouldn't mind a specific roleplaying forum, if Ziroc agrees. I'll raise it with him. That way all the different bars/abyssal pits/etc could all be done there.

Just a note on how it used to be - it seems a lot rougher back then to people reading posts now, but I think Rikard's point is that you can read those posts and take them out of context. They were made by people who knew each other and were just taking the collective piss out of each other. As the board has grown it's become harder to know everyone and therefore people have to be more careful not to offend. Just my 2c

------------------